Ahoy! Bloomberg, right ahead!

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Paingod

Re: Ahoy! Bloomberg, right ahead!

Post by Paingod »

I have every intention of voting Blue, even if all they muster on the ballot is a mummified corpse to oppose the the sitting idiot.

If Bloomberg tries to go full tilt nuts, I doubt he'll have the zealots and party support the orange bastard enjoys from his side.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:06 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:46 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:43 pm If you are neutral in the situation of Trump vs. Bloomberg, you have chosen the side of the current oppressor over the future one.
No, no. We need to start the "You need to give him a chance..." discussion with Bloomberg as all the MAGAts did back in November of 2016 for Trump.
Well he does tell it like it is, I mean he says what we all ant to say but are too PC to do so. Plus he's way to rich to be beholden to anyone or even want more money or power. So I'm on board!
This is what I thought about Trump.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Trump isn't rich. Not on that scale, and he never has been.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:34 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:43 pm If you are neutral in the situation of Trump vs. Bloomberg, you have chosen the side of the current oppressor over the future one.
No, no. We need to start the "You need to give him a chance..." discussion with Bloomberg as all the MAGAts did back in November of 2016 for Trump.
Well he does tell it like it is, I mean he says what we all want to say but are too PC to do so. Plus he's way too rich to be beholden to anyone or even want more money or power. So I'm on board!
Yeah, so did a lot of others. That's the joke. You do detect the sarcasm, right? Because Bloomberg is none of these things either.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:44 pm Trump isn't rich. Not on that scale, and he never has been.
He had to become president to get to the next level.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:47 pm
Drazzil wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:34 am
Well he does tell it like it is, I mean he says what we all want to say but are too PC to do so. Plus he's way too rich to be beholden to anyone or even want more money or power. So I'm on board!
Yeah, so did a lot of others. That's the joke. You do detect the sarcasm, right? Because Bloomberg is none of these things either.
My sarcasm meter must be broken. But you are totally spot on.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Bloomberg out - endorses Biden
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:19 am Bloomberg out - endorses Biden
Wouldn't Biden be better off if Bloomberg refused to endorse him?
Black Lives Matter.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:35 am
Smoove_B wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:19 am Bloomberg out - endorses Biden
Wouldn't Biden be better off if Bloomberg refused to endorse him?
Bloomberg generated a ton of name recognition among those who would typically ignore politics, simply because he threw an absurd amount of money at the ad campaign. He was front and center everywhere. If those same folks switch a vote to Biden because of this endorsement, that could generate some significant momentum for Joe.

Not sure if that will happen, mind you. That group could very well just go back to ignoring things altogether once they're not seeing 400 Facebook ads a day for Bloomberg.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trump could use this to try and say he didn't buy the election because even Bloomberg couldn't.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Satire:
Moments after Mike Bloomberg announced he was suspending his campaign, the Bloomberg campaign office was filled with inconsolable mourners, who were compensated handsomely.
"No, Mike, don't drop out -- please!" screamed one woman as she sobbed uncontrollably for the nice sum of $2,500. "We need you! America needs you! We love you, Mike!"
https://babylonbee.com/news/paid-mourne ... ts-primary
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Buttigeig, Beto, and Bloomberg go for Biden. If you like alliteration, you'll love this candidate.

Can he get Betty?

MYT
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

The one great thing about Bloomberg is that he's got deep pockets and he's willing to use them to beat Trump no matter what. I wouldn't have voted for the guy, but I'm definitely glad he's on our side.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I didn't have the hatred for him I saw everywhere among social circles. I simply don't know enough about him. I wouldn't have voted for him in the primary but I would have gotten in line in the general, hoping everyone else was right.

I appreciate his messaging, which was clearly anti Trump and pro responsible American growth. He did not lash out at any of his primary competitors and, in fact, stated clearly he would back them in unequivocal unity if he had to withdraw.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:37 pm The one great thing about Bloomberg is that he's got deep pockets and he's willing to use them to beat Trump no matter what. I wouldn't have voted for the guy, but I'm definitely glad he's on our side.
You wouldn’t have voted for him ???????????? !
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:43 am
YellowKing wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:37 pm The one great thing about Bloomberg is that he's got deep pockets and he's willing to use them to beat Trump no matter what. I wouldn't have voted for the guy, but I'm definitely glad he's on our side.
I think this is in the context of the primary.
Black Lives Matter.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I had major issues with him because he was clearly try to buy the nomination. This is a guy who is a questionable (to be generous) Democrat and spent enormous amounts of his personal wealth (although probably not an enormous percentage of that wealth) to carpet bomb the TV, radio, internet, and my mailbox with advertising to try to get himself elected. Maybe he was playing 4-D chess (or whatever the meme is) and his ultimate goal was to unite the moderates behind Biden, but I think the simpler, more likely explanation is that he's an egomaniac who felt entitled to the presidency if he wanted it.

Of course I would have voted for him had he secured the nomination, but I'm glad he didn't.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Holman

Post by Holman »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:46 am Maybe he was playing 4-D chess (or whatever the meme is) and his ultimate goal was to unite the moderates behind Biden, but I think the simpler, more likely explanation is that he's an egomaniac who felt entitled to the presidency if he wanted it.
I think his primary goal has always been to stop Wall Street reform and head off anything that threatens the super-rich.

He as much as said so last year, and he made his decision to enter the race when Biden was stumbling and Warren was surging.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Holman wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:55 am
ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:46 am Maybe he was playing 4-D chess (or whatever the meme is) and his ultimate goal was to unite the moderates behind Biden, but I think the simpler, more likely explanation is that he's an egomaniac who felt entitled to the presidency if he wanted it.
I think his primary goal has always been to stop Wall Street reform and head off anything that threatens the super-rich.

He as much as said so last year, and he made his decision to enter the race when Biden was stumbling and Warren was surging.
This. Awareness about the ridiculous scale of inequality in this nation is rising and some of them think that their wealth imbued them with wisdom to run the government. A delusion we've seen play out over and over lately.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:45 am
Unagi wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:43 am
I think this is in the context of the primary.
I’d like to think, but it almost sounded like a ‘general’ comment.

My incredulous reaction though, is indeed because I assume Yellowking will be voting for whomever is running against Trump.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:46 am I had major issues with him because he was clearly try to buy the nomination. This is a guy who is a questionable (to be generous) Democrat and spent enormous amounts of his personal wealth (although probably not an enormous percentage of that wealth) to carpet bomb the TV, radio, internet, and my mailbox with advertising to try to get himself elected.
Last I heard, Bloomberg is worth around $56B and had spent $600M. I believe he intends to spend $2B altogether. And I have no doubt that it's to protect the 1% from tax policy that would cost him appreciably more than $2B.