Trump vs. Biden - the Final Showdown

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Defiant

Re: Trump vs. Biden - the Final Showdown

Post by Defiant »

For anyone who can't vote or who's already voted or live in a state where your vote doesn't matter, and you still want to do something, go and remind your friends/family in battleground states to vote.
malchior

Post by malchior »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:48 pm Typing it here forced me out. Fortunately the experience was less than an hour. Absentee voting really reduced the lines. Everything else about the experience sucked bad.
:clap:
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

malchior wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:51 pm
LordMortis wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:48 pm Typing it here forced me out. Fortunately the experience was less than an hour. Absentee voting really reduced the lines. Everything else about the experience sucked bad.
:clap:
:horse: :clap: :dance:
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Watching Trump's comments at campaign headquarters and while I may be reading too much into it, he looks and sounds extremely deflated. I don't know if I've ever seen him so low key.
malchior

Post by malchior »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:13 pm Watching Trump's comments at campaign headquarters and while I may be reading too much into it, he looks and sounds extremely deflated. I don't know if I've ever seen him so low key.
He was the same way on F&F. I think he just might be exhausted. He has been running around non-stop for a week and he's...well...old. 8-)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Congratudolences.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:13 pm Watching Trump's comments at campaign headquarters and while I may be reading too much into it, he looks and sounds extremely deflated. I don't know if I've ever seen him so low key.

Good to hear.
I hope his world comes crashing down and he’s reinfected with Covid, suffers, and then no longer is a line item on Tax payers federal bill.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Well done!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:24 pm
Well done!
Seriously. That was an important thing you did, and it's appreciated.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Good for you. Hope the rest of the day is sweet relief.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:21 pm
Congratudolences.
I'd say it won't make a difference but it's one more voice to weigh in. Also, I think it could make a difference in Talib vs Dudenhoefer. Talib has been mixed bag, but 1) No GOP. 2) Mixed bag is better than a BOS.
Alefroth wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:25 pm Good for you. Hope the rest of the day is sweet relief.
Anxiety is increased by my experience at the polls and the pain's not going anywhere but I least I did what I had to do.
Tine

Post by Tine »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:25 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:24 pm
Well done!
Seriously. That was an important thing you did, and it's appreciated.
:clap: :wub:
Be kind. Be calm. Be safe. - Dr. Bonnie Henry 🇨🇦
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Defiant wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:51 pm For anyone who can't vote or who's already voted or live in a state where your vote doesn't matter, and you still want to do something, go and remind your friends/family in battleground states to vote.
I texted a friend who lives in Milwaukee to make sure he voted. He assured me that he cast his write-in vote for Barron Trump.

(He was kidding.)
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Thank you!
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Serious props, LM. I know that wasn't easy.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Thank you for more than doing your part.

And thanks to everyone for doing their part, even those not in swing state. I want Trump to lose in a historic loss, including in the popular vote.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kurth wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:53 pm Thank you!
Thank you OO for being my conscience. If I hadn't typed it "out loud" and had it acknowledged, I likely wouldn't have left the house and lived with the guilt for at least the next four years, no matter the outcome. My pain's intensity won't be something I can remember in a week.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Got in line at 6:30 this morning, polls opened at 7, I had my ballot counted by 7:20. Moved quicker than I thought it would. I WAS ABOUT #60 in line. Helps with the automated systems now to check you in.

I'm another one where my votes doesn't really count for president (except in the totals) but maybe we can keep a democratic senator. <crosses fingers>
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

LordMortis wrote:Typing it here forced me out. Fortunately the experience was less than an hour. Absentee voting really reduced the lines. Everything else about the experience sucked bad.
You turned out to be a good egg.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Also a big shoutout to LordMortis's penis for enduring extra pain today to help save America.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

wonderpug wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:21 pm Also a big shoutout to LordMortis's penis for enduring extra pain today to help save America.
The pain is in the ureters. That's where they like to dig in and torture you. The pipes are bigger downstream.

The more you know...
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

So I'm a life long conservative who has had enough of what the Republican party has become. Since the GW presidencies forward I have been voting libertarian but this year I went full democrat. I hope to god Trump and all of his ilk are cleaned out of office and we can get some common sense in the White House again.

For the first time in my life, I'm actually caring about an election. Previous elections you had your favorite but it wouldn't be horrible if the other party won. This year...

So here's to getting the leadership on the way to being straightened out. The populace is a whole other story. What can be done with the cult of Trump that has built up?
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

WYBaugh wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:18 pm So here's to getting the leadership on the way to being straightened out. The populace is a whole other story. What can be done with the cult of Trump that has built up?
Welcome back to civil society.

I propose reeducation camps. :wink: Seriously, IDK. Those people think the Obama presidency was a disaster and their guy is the GOAT. I'd like to think that another 4-8 years (or more) of competent Democratic governance would win some of them over...but I fear that they're unable to tell success from failure, and unreachable.
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Kraken wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:34 pm
WYBaugh wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:18 pm So here's to getting the leadership on the way to being straightened out. The populace is a whole other story. What can be done with the cult of Trump that has built up?
Welcome back to civil society.

I propose reeducation camps. :wink: Seriously, IDK. Those people think the Obama presidency was a disaster and their guy is the GOAT. I'd like to think that another 4-8 years (or more) of competent Democratic governance would win some of them over...but I fear that they're unable to tell success from failure, and unreachable.
I feel that it's become too polarized where the extremist right won't even listen to reason. The whole covid mess is just a small example :)
malchior

Post by malchior »

To deal with them the fix is structural. We need the Senate and/or EC to be reformed. It'd alleviate the pressure that exacerbates driving precise policy wedges between rural/suburban/urban. It'd lead to other issues but short-term we have to reduce their political power.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

If any of you are feeling bored today while sitting at home awaiting results, here's one small way to help make the shitty polling places slightly less shitty:

https://polls.pizza
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:00 pm If any of you are feeling bored today while sitting at home awaiting results, here's one small way to help make the shitty polling places slightly less shitty:

Heh, one of my coworkers offered to buy pizza for anyone who votes. I wonder if anyone took her up on the offer.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:13 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:00 pm If any of you are feeling bored today while sitting at home awaiting results, here's one small way to help make the shitty polling places slightly less shitty:

Heh, one of my coworkers offered to buy pizza for anyone who votes. I wonder if anyone took her up on the offer.
I love that you get a near-live map of where the pizzas are going, and how many.

https://polls.pizza/deliveries/
msteelers

Trump vs. Biden - the Final Showdown

Post by msteelers »

I happened to see these two tweets back to back on my timeline.
Holman

Post by Holman »

The stress of waiting has gotten to me so much that I'm about fire up a nice, relaxing game of DARKEST DUNGEON.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Holman wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:11 pm The stress of waiting has gotten to me so much that I'm about fire up a nice, relaxing game of DARKEST DUNGEON.
I'm about to fire up a couple hours of no news-reading, followed by binging election coverage while consuming food from an immigrant-owned local restaurant (and also beer) (and, depending on how the evening's news develops, whiskey)...
raydude

Post by raydude »

Holy Jeebus dude, props to you and thanks. As a previous kidney stone patient I do not have to imagine the pain you went through. I sincerely hope it passes and you don't have to experience the agony that is laser lithotripsy and stent removal. Not fun. To everyone: drink more water every day! It keeps the laser away from your #1!
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Kraken wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:34 pmI'd like to think that another 4-8 years (or more) of competent Democratic governance would win some of them over...but I fear that they're unable to tell success from failure, and unreachable.
Even if a Democrat were able to walk on water, feed the world, and cure all of their ailments they'd nail "The Liberal" to a tree at the first chance. They're blinded by hate. It's a hate they'd been fed for a lifetime. They shared a bed with fiscal conservatives through some shared goals, but that seems to have ended.

I genuinely appreciate every single person on that side that's seen it and stepped away from it.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

raydude wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:10 am Holy Jeebus dude, props to you and thanks. As a previous kidney stone patient I do not have to imagine the pain you went through. I sincerely hope it passes and you don't have to experience the agony that is laser lithotripsy and stent removal. Not fun. To everyone: drink more water every day! It keeps the laser away from your #1!
It was my 3rd and by far my easiest. It's passed and I am recovering now. Saying it was my easiest in no way makes it easy. It was easily in the top 4 most painful experiences of my life. 3 of 4 being kidney stones.

After watching too much of the polls, I'm thankful more for you guys. As the pain is passing into discomfort and the narcotics are wearing off, I don't want to imagine waking up today and thinking I didn't make the effort. No matter the results, of this comes down to a few ten thousand votes in a few select places then every vote counted. Not being counted would have a source of shame for a lifetime. In a world of isolation, this place it truly meaningful to me.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

:wub:
Love ya LM.

Keep feeling better.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

And Michigan is about to go blue. Serenity Now...Serenity Now...
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Octavious wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:03 am And Michigan is about to go blue. Serenity Now...Serenity Now...
Yep, Michigan just went blue, and Wisconsin and Michigan is only likely to get bluer. If Biden can hold on to his lead in Nevada, he's already reached 270 elector votes and there'll be no need to wait for Pennsylvania. Trump's window for court shenanigans to stop the vote count has therefore closed.

Talk about dodging the bullet there, America.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
malchior

Post by malchior »

Nevada scares me to be honest. We won't know more until tomorrow. It'd be great if GA falls later today because that'd probably be the tipping point. Downside is that it is in GOP hands and I can't trust that something this close won't be a tempting target for shenanigans.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Lagom Lite wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:22 am
Octavious wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:03 am And Michigan is about to go blue. Serenity Now...Serenity Now...
Yep, Michigan just went blue, and Wisconsin and Michigan is only likely to get bluer. If Biden can hold on to his lead in Nevada, he's already reached 270 elector votes and there'll be no need to wait for Pennsylvania. Trump's window for court shenanigans to stop the vote count has therefore closed.

Never underestimate God's ability to pull the rug out from under folks.
He won. Period.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

hepcat wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:31 am
Lagom Lite wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:22 am

Never underestimate God's ability to pull the rug out from under folks.
I'm an atheist, so my rug is safe from yanking.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club