Trump vs. Biden - the Final Showdown

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Skinypupy

Re: Trump vs. Biden - the Final Showdown

Post by Skinypupy »

Anyone else expecting for the name "Biden" to somehow mysteriously surface in the Ghislaine Maxwell investigations? Wouldn't shock me in the least for them to float news that Joe is involved...all without a single shred of evidence, mind you. This is Barr's DOJ we're talking about here.

There is literally no dirty, underhanded, bullshit trick that I would put past this lot of sniveling assholes.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Eric Trump already has started by posting some pic of Biden where she’s the in background. Of course, there are many more pics of Trump directly interacting with her, so I’m not sure that’s the smartest move. But no one ever accused Eric Trump of being smart.
Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:19 am Eric Trump already has started by posting some pic of Biden where she’s the in background. Of course, there are many more pics of Trump directly interacting with her, so I’m not sure that’s the smartest move. But no one ever accused Eric Trump of being smart.
A tactic that would be stupid from the left works from the right because the maggats simply do not care. They look at pictures, even obviously doctored and out of context ones, of a liberal and treat them as fact while looking at real documented instances from tRump and shrug them off.

Eric tRump comes across as stupid but a good portion of that is likely because he doesn't have to think any deeper than that to connect with the folks he is trying to reach.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

The Economist look at the current state of the election:

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Doesn't matter until the election is over, voters showed up and voted (in person, by mail, any other legal method), tRump loses, AND he is the fuck out of office. Then it only matters as it signals the beginning of picking up the pieces. One after another probably for the rest of our lives.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Don't give me hope. I don't trust hope.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Remus West wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:19 pm Doesn't matter until the election is over, voters showed up and voted (in person, by mail, any other legal method), tRump loses, AND he is the fuck out of office. Then it only matters as it signals the beginning of picking up the pieces. One after another probably for the rest of our lives.
Yes, we know it doesn't matter - I keep hearing this again and again. Sure, you are exactly right but there's nothing wrong with showing current polling and discussing it. It just seems that after every post, someone chimes and and it's "It doesn't matter, people need to get out and vote, etc, etc." Yes, we know that, we've heard it and we believe it. It just doesn't need to be repeated ad nausea :)
Last edited by Grifman on Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Grifman wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:51 pm
Remus West wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:19 pm Doesn't matter until the election is over, voters showed up and voted (in person, by mail, any other legal method), tRump loses, AND he is the fuck out of office. Then it only matters as it signals the beginning of picking up the pieces. One after another probably for the rest of our lives.
Yes, we know it doesn't matter - I keep hearing this again and again. Sure, your exactly right but there's nothing wrong with showing current polling and discussing it. It just seems that after every post, someone chimes and and it's "It doesn't matter, people need to get out and vote, etc, etc." Yes, we know that, we've heard it and we believe it. It just doesn't need to be repeated ad nausea :)
Its like a mantra for me because in 2016 I thought "no way in hell that idiot asshole wins". Then voters did not show up and he did. I'm terrified of it happening again in 2020. Combine that with all the voter suppression that is going on in the open and who knows what going on behind the scenes to suppress it further and I don't care about any poll or even the vote until tRump actually leave office. Until he is gone there is just too much more damage he can do to our nation.

Seriously, his responses to Covid and the racial tensions could not be more calculated to create chaos and division within the US. He openly wants us to hate each other.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I don't think there's any danger of voters not showing up this year. In 2016 we had two unpopular candidates that nobody was really excited for. In 2020, we have a bunch of people who want to get Trump dafuck OUT. I used to think the pandemic had a real chance of suppressing votes, but I think by the time November rolls around we'll all be pretty used to wearing masks and just doing what we have to do, Covid be damned.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Somehow Trump just got to Bubba Wallace today. He is calling on him to apologize. Even though he wasn't even the one to report it. Cool. He also criticized NASCAR for banning the confederate flag. He is full on trying to stoke some sort of incident.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I am really struggling to NOT believe tRump is a Russian plant and simply doing his best to burn us all down because Putin sees his time of usefulness has expired.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Remus West wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:32 am I am really struggling to NOT believe tRump is a Russian plant and simply doing his best to burn us all down because Putin sees his time of usefulness has expired.
I can see that. My view at this point is that it is almost certain he just was a criminal who happened to have financial interests that overlap with Russia. I don't think they would have trusted him to be a competent agent. He can't shut the fuck up. However, he is the best useful idiot they've ever seen.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

malchior wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:49 am
Remus West wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:32 am I am really struggling to NOT believe tRump is a Russian plant and simply doing his best to burn us all down because Putin sees his time of usefulness has expired.
I can see that. My view at this point is that it is almost certain he just was a criminal who happened to have financial interests that overlap with Russia. I don't think they would have trusted him to be a competent agent. He can't shut the fuck up. However, he is the best useful idiot they've ever seen.
Well, that is more along the lines of what I've been thinking than he is an actual trained agent. It is just that his current action are so far beyond that I really can not think of more destructive choices from "leadership".
malchior

Post by malchior »

Not so much trained as even just someone you could blackmail w/ kompromat. It could be possible but he just doesn't shut up. I can't imagine a time line where he wouldn't slip at some point. He constantly says the quiet part out loud.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

YellowKing wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:38 pm I don't think there's any danger of voters not showing up this year. In 2016 we had two unpopular candidates that nobody was really excited for.
... and yet 2016 had the second highest turnout in ~50 years.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Defiant wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:17 pm
YellowKing wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:38 pm I don't think there's any danger of voters not showing up this year. In 2016 we had two unpopular candidates that nobody was really excited for.
This is true but not quite a good fit to show enthusiasm at the same time. This is true in absolute number of people who voted but that is a function of population growth. That is like Trump claiming the highest stock market ever whenever there is a local peak. It tends to just go up on its own. As a percentage of the eligible voters the election was pretty much slightly above average.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

malchior wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:23 pm
This is true but not quite a good fit to show enthusiasm at the same time. This is true in absolute number of people who voted but that is a function of population growth. That is like Trump claiming the highest stock market ever whenever there is a local peak. It tends to just go up on its own. As a percentage of the eligible voters the election was pretty much slightly above average.
Nope, I meant percentage wise. Percentage-wise, 60.1% voted. The only election with a higher turnout in the last 50 years was 2008, with 61.6% (2004 tied 2016 for turnout).

http://www.electproject.org/national-1789-present
malchior

Post by malchior »

Defiant wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:32 pm
Nope, I meant percentage wise. Percentage-wise, 60.1% voted. The only election with a higher turnout in the last 50 years was 2008, with 61.6% (2004 tied 2016 for turnout).

Strangely these stats are different. Here is another source but I have no way of saying which are more accurate. As I recall that it was considered to be pretty much average (post-Nixon).
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

malchior wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:49 pm
Defiant wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:32 pm

Strangely these stats are different. Here is another source but I have no way of saying which are more accurate. As I recall that it was considered to be pretty much average (post-Nixon).
The first link is doing voting age population, rather than voter eligible population (thus including people who aren't eligible, like non-citizens, etc), and even then, it's still the second highest since 1968. The second link looks like it might not have complete information, given the TBDs (I do remember there were articles in the days/weeks after the election that suggested that the turnout wasn't high, but states like California and others took weeks to get their final count).
malchior

Post by malchior »

This is how bad the campaign is going for Trump. Someone had to have convinced him he needed to appear somewhat sane.

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I wonder if Obama would have insisted on the presidential seal on HIS mask?
He won. Period.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

hepcat wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:54 pm I wonder if Obama would have insisted on the presidential seal on HIS mask?
No, but he would have thrown caution to the wind with a TAN mask.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

hepcat wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:54 pm I wonder if Obama would have insisted on the presidential seal on HIS mask?
I don't know if he would have insisted, but it would have been there in short order. It's just a trapping of the office.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Holman

Post by Holman »

malchior wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:26 pm This is how bad the campaign is going for Trump. Someone had to have convinced him he needed to appear somewhat sane.

What’s hilarious about “#AmericaFirst” here is that Trump is the last in America to finally do this.

Parscale is really just phoning it in. Biden and independents like the Lincoln Project are running rings around his campaign.

If it weren’t already July, I imagine he would be fired.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yes.
The image makes me think he was being sarcastic about America leading in COVID response.

I had to look to see who tweeted it, friend or foe.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Also, is it just me or does that mask totally look photoshopped on there?
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

it's the white liner.

It was real.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Unagi wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:26 am it's the white liner.

It was real.
Yeah there are other photos. This was intentional. They are desperately trying to get traction. That's also why he announced a forthcoming immigration reform that'll protect DACA. It's all bullshit but they are trying anything at this point.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Nobody knew wearing a mask could be so complicated.

EDIT: That was 2017. Good times.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Every time I see #AmericaFirst, I think of Babylon 5 and the chants of "Earth first!" as part of a movement by corrupt politicians to drive out the aliens and make Earth great again.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
malchior

Post by malchior »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:04 am Every time I see #AmericaFirst, I think of Babylon 5 and the chants of "Earth first!" as part of a movement by corrupt politicians to drive out the aliens and make Earth great again.
You're not far off. It has been one of the less veiled call backs to a small cadre of fascist nationalists who agitated locally during WW2. I guess we can file it under heritage.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Ah finally the case for Trump that makes sense...said nobody.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:25 am Nobody knew wearing a mask could be so complicated.

When last I went to Costco 30% of the patrons wore their mask that way. (And last week, I did my first carry out the only mask wearers were the servers. No patrons at any time had masks on, entry, exit, pre-meal, post meal. And the gas station I went to saw 0 patron wear masks coming and going from in the building) I think my state is largely giving up and I am staying in hiding as much as I can. At least my mother informed me her church requires masks for everyone but the pastor and the pews are set up to enforce social distancing.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I've not gone inside of gas station for anything since March (not that I did a lot before then). Compliance in the stores I've been to have been near-100% though.
Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:27 am
Smoove_B wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:25 am Nobody knew wearing a mask could be so complicated.

When last I went to Costco 30% of the patrons wore their mask that way. (And last week, I did my first carry out the only mask wearers were the servers. No patrons at any time had masks on, entry, exit, pre-meal, post meal. And the gas station I went to saw 0 patron wear masks coming and going from in the building) I think my state is largely giving up and I am staying in hiding as much as I can. At least my mother informed me her church requires masks for everyone but the pastor and the pews are set up to enforce social distancing.
Weird. I'm not that far from you and when I go out for Groceries and take out everyone I see is masked. Although I do see the below the nose idiots more than I'd like. Maybe 2 or 3 times a trip.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:33 am I've not gone inside of gas station for anything since March (not that I did a lot before then). Compliance in the stores I've been to have been near-100% though.
I only go near gas stations in the early AM - like 6:20am. The only people there are folks who look like they work hard jobs and long hours - and I've not once seen any of them in a mask going into or out of the convenience store. Maine still has a really low number of active cases, under 500, but I wouldn't bet my life or anyone else's on not getting sick.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

I picked up food from a restaurant yesterday, and the entire place was NOT social distanced, none of the patrons with masks. There was plexiglass in front of the servers area and the workers were wearing them. We're going to get hit so hard by this thing, and it's all because of this fucking Delbert in the White House.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

I actually think that's pretty cool, myself.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

I've seen three polls from Texas in the last week and all of them show Biden winning, though all within the margin of error. Texas is interesting because despite it being a strong Republican state, Trump has never polled very favorably there during his presidency, unlike a lot of other Republican states. So his support there has always seemed to be rather reluctant among some Texans. Texas is now a battleground state, and if Trump loses here, game over.

Another point of interest, Senator Cornyn is at less than 50%, with a large number of undecided and the Democratic primary still to be held. That undecided number is probably large because we don't know yet who the challenger would be, but that formerly shoo-in race might suddenly become interesting if Trump continues to collapse.