What's Happening?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: What's Happening?

Post by Daehawk »

I thought about planting tomatoes off and on since the last time in 2007 or 2008. But its seems a lot of work or money compared to going to the farmers market. Id also feel a bit of a hypocrite since I kept meaning to do it each year since back then and never did. My wife loved tomatoes more than me and I really love them. Seems strange to consider it without her.

But if I did theres two ways.

1. Buy bukets to raise them in. this costs money for the buckets, money for the potting soil and fertilizer and money for the plants.

2. Till up the soil where I had them that time. This take money for gas, money to repair the tiller which is most likely points and gaskets, and money for the plants.

Or I could drop by the farmers market every now and then and get a container of 5 or 6 for $4 :) Plus me living alone now having 6 - 8 plants providing all those fruits most would ruin.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I always draw enough produce out of my garden to pay back the cost of putting plants in. It's rewarding if you enjoy tending plants and turning them into food. If you don't, it's not worth the hassle and cost.

I should start a sad gardening thread.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Kraken wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:27 am I always draw enough produce out of my garden to pay back the cost of putting plants in. It's rewarding if you enjoy tending plants and turning them into food. If you don't, it's not worth the hassle and cost.

I should start a sad gardening thread.
Doesn't have to be sad. Victory Gardens sound uplifting as long as you didn't dwell on it. Immunity Gardens? Antibody Gardens?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Max Peck wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:00 pm
Jeff V wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:11 pm tgb has gone missing and is presumed to be getting abused by Lindberg's baby, along with his nemesis tjg.
He may be missing, but he's not Li'l Lindberg missing. He posts over on quartertothree as Sonoftgb.
Sounds like tgb's baby to me....and hasn't hat been missing since the Garfield administration?
Black Lives Matter
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Defiant wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:25 pm
ABBY: We really are that primitive.

BRONSON: Incredible, isn't it? We're of the generation that landed the man on the moon and the best we can do is talk about making tools out of stone. What you called a stockpile of things will merely give us a little breathing space, perhaps several generations. But in that time, all the old crafts and skills must be learnt. We must learn.
[/quote]

We still can't make Damascus steel or Roman marine concrete :mrgreen:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.