Election integrity and the transfer of power

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

hepcat

Re: Election integrity and the transfer of power

Post by hepcat »

Rand Paul’s neighbor, where are you when this country needs you??!?
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

He's up for re-election in 2022. I sure hope they put the corporate spotlight on his campaign cash flow, because he's a complete and total POS. I need to believe corporate America really doesn't want to be seen donating to someone that supports that agenda.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Also, that POS Rand keeps trying to insinuate that journalists don’t insert themselves into a story by correcting or even challenging their subjects. What a load of shit. Frost and Nixon comes to mind almost immediately. There have ALWAYS been journalists who speak truth to power. Just because scumbags like you want to get away with shit doesn’t mean others are wrong for pointing out you’re a piece of human filth.
Covfefe!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

hepcat wrote:Also, that POS Rand keeps trying to insinuate that journalists don’t insert themselves into a story by correcting or even challenging their subjects. What a load of shit. Frost and Nixon comes to mind almost immediately. There have ALWAYS been journalists who speak truth to power. Just because scumbags like you want to get away with shit doesn’t mean others are wrong for pointing out you’re a piece of human filth.
Rand and the GOP just want to profit from the bad faith argument(s).

This is all about the grift. Selling lies for money and political power.

It is a proven money maker, and a growth industry now.
Last edited by Pyperkub on Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:15 pm He's up for re-election in 2022. I sure hope they put the corporate spotlight on his campaign cash flow, because he's a complete and total POS. I need to believe corporate America really doesn't want to be seen donating to someone that supports that agenda.
Mississippi will go Blue before Kentucky does.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Again I ask, who would be the two sides in a civil war? If it's deplorables vs the US Army, it's over before it starts. If it is fighting in the streets between deplorables and leftists, that's not civil war, that's civil unrest.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Probably stupid asshats vs non stupid Americans. Im sure the military is riddled with both.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

As long as I get to form Master Blaster with Jaymann in any combat situation, we’re good. I’ve got his head basket all picked out.
Covfefe!
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:02 pm
Again I ask, who would be the two sides in a civil war? If it's deplorables vs the US Army, it's over before it starts. If it is fighting in the streets between deplorables and leftists, that's not civil war, that's civil unrest.
He's writing about class war. There's been one simmering for decades, and his side has been winning. He's afraid that's going to reverse. If the billionaire class sics its army on a revolting underclass, with whom will the soldiers fight? What class of people comprise the army? He's right to be worried.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Whomever signs the paychecks.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

"people coming from liberal side like you, you immediately say everything is a lie."

Gaslight much?

I hope the preponderance of corporate donors remember this. Let the MAGATs go broke funding him.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Kraken wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:30 pm
Jaymann wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:02 pm
He's writing about class war. There's been one simmering for decades, and his side has been winning. He's afraid that's going to reverse. If the billionaire class sics its army on a revolting underclass, with whom will the soldiers fight? What class of people comprise the army? He's right to be worried.
This "possible" civil war has a lot of similarities to the Spanish Civil War in the 1930s. I won't go into it, but if you just look at the brief history of that war, why it was started and who fought on each side it is kind of similar to the US today.

The Spanish War was eventually won by the side that had high level Military defectors at the outset.
FTE
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Go Dominion!

They just hit Giuliani with a 1.3 billion dollar lawsuit.

I love it. Put him on the seat and when he can't produce any evidence to back up his lies, punish that fucker into bankruptcy. What he did was god awful and he deserves every bad thing that's about to happen to him.
Covfefe!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

It's not over yet! This explains why no Florida Man sightings recently - it was all part of the plan!

Luxurious bunker!
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

How do we start pushing the narrative of "Biden is actually just Trump wearing a high tech disguise! Go along with everything Biden says because it's not really him!"
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

wonderpug wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:25 pm How do we start pushing the narrative of "Biden is actually just Trump wearing a high tech disguise! Go along with everything Biden says because it's not really him!"
Already there man.

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It would be funny if it wasn't so dangerous and sad.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

It's the little touches, like the excuse for word slurring that really sell it.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I really can't tell whether that was a real Parler post or whether that was a parody.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That's a #chan post.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:58 pm I really can't tell whether that was a real Parler post or whether that was a parody.
I don't know either, as I generally try to steer clear of that sewage.

I do peek in at the Parlertakes or Copingmaga twitter feeds now and then for the lulz, but really have no idea if posts like that are actually serious or some sort of internet performance art.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:35 pm It would be funny if it wasn't so dangerous and sad.
I'm trying to see the downside of "what if Trumpers were convinced Biden was actually Trump and therefore followed him" and I'm not seeing it.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:18 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:58 pm I really can't tell whether that was a real Parler post or whether that was a parody.
I don't know either, as I generally try to steer clear of that sewage.

I do peek in at the Parlertakes or Copingmaga twitter feeds now and then for the lulz, but really have no idea if posts like that are actually serious or some sort of internet performance art.
as mentioned before, with a crowd readily predisposed to believe whatever if it fits their worldview, it's fertile ground for an enterprising troublemaker to sow some weird creative-writing exercises and see which ones take root in the populist imagination.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:04 pm It only took until mid January and the government drawing the line at seditious riots for the last of the Trump/MAGA/Blue Line yard signs and flags to disappear from my normalized commutes to the grocer/work. All that remains is one We Support Our Police yard sign that replaced a Trump yard sign.
And.... two new blue line stars and stripes flags and one new Don't Tread on Me flag have appeared.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:23 pm
LordMortis wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:04 pm It only took until mid January and the government drawing the line at seditious riots for the last of the Trump/MAGA/Blue Line yard signs and flags to disappear from my normalized commutes to the grocer/work. All that remains is one We Support Our Police yard sign that replaced a Trump yard sign.
And.... two new blue line stars and stripes flags and one new Don't Tread on Me flag have appeared.
One of my two immediate neighbors who were flying police flags has taken his down. IDK why or when; I just noticed today.
Holman

Post by Holman »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:23 pm
The Gadsden flag (black snake on yellow, "Don't Tread on Me") should really be consigned to the rubbish with the Confederate battle flag. It has long been claimed by right-wing militias, and the Proud Boys take their colors from it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Since getting sued Rudy has started preaching Biden won the election.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Holman wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:29 pm The Gadsden flag (black snake on yellow, "Don't Tread on Me") should really be consigned to the rubbish with the Confederate battle flag. It has long been claimed by right-wing militias, and the Proud Boys take their colors from it.
Maybe just update it...

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I think Snopes decided it was apocryphal that the insurrectionist who was trampled to death was carrying the Gadsden flag.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Enlarge Image
Holman

Post by Holman »

I was walking the dog this morning and noticed two huge parked police SUVs marked "Federal Protective Service / Department of Homeland Security."

There aren't any political events happening nearby, and the nearest Federal property is miles away downtown. I wonder if they were here to talk to someone involved in the Capitol invasion.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

We've all read a lot about the craziness of four years of the Trump administration, but nothing I've read beats the story of these four hours in the White House. This is truly insane:

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Finally Herschmann had enough. "Why the fuck do you keep standing up and screaming at me?" he shot back at Flynn. "If you want to come over here, come over here. If not, sit your ass down." Flynn sat back down.
Byrne, wearing jeans, a hoodie and a neck gaiter, piped up with his own conspiracy: "I know how this works. I bribed Hillary Clinton $18 million on behalf of the FBI for a sting operation."

Herschmann stared at the eccentric millionaire. "What the hell are you talking about? Why would you say something like that?" Byrne brought up the bizarre Clinton bribery claim several more times during the meeting to the astonishment of White House lawyers.

Trump, for his part, also seemed perplexed by Byrne. But he was not entirely convinced the ideas Powell was presenting were insane.
The arguments became so heated that even Giuliani — still on the phone — at one point told everyone to calm down. One participant later recalled: "When Rudy's the voice of reason, you know the meeting's not going well."
:pop:
Holman

Post by Holman »

Jonathan Swan's podcast series "How It Happened: Trump's Last Stand" (also from Axios) offers a very well-reported narrative of Trump's fight to overturn the election. Swan's reporting was done on background (so he can't name sources), but it's clear that he has talked to many people who were in the room for Trump's weirdest meetings and phone calls.
About this series: The reporting in this series is based on multiple interviews with current and former White House, campaign, government and congressional officials as well as direct eyewitnesses and people close to President Trump. Sources have been granted anonymity to share sensitive observations or details they would not be formally authorized to disclose. President Trump and other officials to whom quotes and actions have been attributed by others were provided the opportunity to confirm, deny or respond to reporting elements prior to publication.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Holman wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:32 am Jonathan Swan's podcast series "How It Happened: Trump's Last Stand" (also from Axios) offers a very well-reported narrative of Trump's fight to overturn the election. Swan's reporting was done on background (so he can't name sources), but it's clear that he has talked to many people who were in the room for Trump's weirdest meetings and phone calls.
About this series: The reporting in this series is based on multiple interviews with current and former White House, campaign, government and congressional officials as well as direct eyewitnesses and people close to President Trump. Sources have been granted anonymity to share sensitive observations or details they would not be formally authorized to disclose. President Trump and other officials to whom quotes and actions have been attributed by others were provided the opportunity to confirm, deny or respond to reporting elements prior to publication.
I just finished reading the articles on Axios - do the podcasts go into more depth?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Holman

Post by Holman »

stessier wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:42 pm
Holman wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:32 am Jonathan Swan's podcast series "How It Happened: Trump's Last Stand" (also from Axios) offers a very well-reported narrative of Trump's fight to overturn the election. Swan's reporting was done on background (so he can't name sources), but it's clear that he has talked to many people who were in the room for Trump's weirdest meetings and phone calls.
I just finished reading the articles on Axios - do the podcasts go into more depth?
Each podcast episode is twenty minutes long and well produced (with blended-in media clips, etc), but the articles probably give you the gist.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I don’t know who this Herschmann is, but he’s a national fucking hero as far as I’m concerned (no idea what his potentially sordid role was in the admin, but I’m specifically referring to his standing up to the madness of King Don and his minions. Aka the Joker and his Arkham enablers. )

If this went down even close to the obviously dramatized version in this piece, and H and the others he called in for backup against The Crazy had not ‘won’, think of where we would be right now.

Let that scenario play out in your mind’s eye. We would be Russia, basically. :D

Next stop would have been appointing a Director of Poisoning. Poison Tzar. Poison...master.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:16 pm I don’t know who this Herschmann is, but he’s a national fucking hero as far as I’m concerned (no idea what his potentially sordid role was in the admin, but I’m specifically referring to his standing up to the madness of King Don and his minions. Aka the Joker and his Arkham enablers. )
Of course he does, he probably was the guy feeding out the story. IMO we have to factor in the sordid backstory since it fuels the need for propaganda campaigns to rehabilitate their image. I'm sure this is reasonably close still but the bit about Flynn trying to intimidate him and then standing back when challenged reads a bit like fanfiction.