Election integrity and the transfer of power

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: Election integrity and the transfer of power

Post by El Guapo »

Well if nothing else has come out of this post-election mess, at least a lot more people know what the word "ascertainment" means.
Black Lives Matter.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

malchior wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:50 pm
Yojimbo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:27 pm
malchior wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:23 pm None of the above is real. I'm presuming the source for this dose of crazy is similar to this but spun leftward. You are consuming thought poison.
I'm not familiar with the Trumpet, I was just reading the EO, I assure you that its in the federal register and everything.
https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... s-election
So to get this straight, you were just reading the Federal Register and independently came up with the same conspiracy theory circulating on the right?
I thought you were saying that the EO was not a real thing. I have to read EOs (and fake EO letters to the SecTres) as an aspect of my work so I have made it a practice to read the EOs regularly for some years now.

I heard about this one from my son and I have no memory of it at all from 2018 but it was easy enough to find when you search for election executive order.

I think that its a arrow in the administration's quiver and if POTUS thinks this election was tainted by massive fraud (and he keeps saying so in the most public way possible) I find it reasonable that he would take that arrow out and fire it, yes. I'm not needing you to believe me, I just want on the record here (for good or ill) as thinking this is what the POTUS (Pouts was funnier) is doing - nothing else makes sense to me about his recent actions.
stessier

Post by stessier »

You are looking too deeply to explain his actions. He doesn't play chess... Heck, he doesn't play checkers. He plays horseshoes and hand grenades.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:26 pm Well if nothing else has come out of this post-election mess, at least a lot more people know what the word "ascertainment" means.
I had thought it meant "twerking," but it turns out that's "assertainment."
raydude

Post by raydude »

Yojimbo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:16 pm If the various countdowns in EO13848 are any indication maybe the radio silence will have to break on Dec 18th (not sure about my math here).
I like it. As far as predictions go you nailed the fuzziness aspect. Dec 18th can expire and your prediction will still hold up because of fuzzy math. What about Jan 20? Can we agree that if Jan 20 comes and goes without a bombshell that this theory can expire with it?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:38 am
LordMortis wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:44 am
Zaxxon wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:25 pm
LordMortis wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:21 pm
Octavious wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:46 pm I was wrong. SUCK IT TRUMP! Michigan certifies that shit. It's so sad that we had to watch that like a f'n sports event. :doh:
I just heard this 3-0 out of four. Thank you, to the one with integrity.
I'm not sure integrity means what you think it means.
I mean the 1 republican certifier who didn't put the desire of the GOP above the electoral process.
Yep, I realized that after posting. Whups! Agree.
I thought you were saying just doing your job is a low bar for integrity.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

raydude wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:56 pm
Yojimbo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:16 pm If the various countdowns in EO13848 are any indication maybe the radio silence will have to break on Dec 18th (not sure about my math here).
I like it. As far as predictions go you nailed the fuzziness aspect. Dec 18th can expire and your prediction will still hold up because of fuzzy math. What about Jan 20? Can we agree that if Jan 20 comes and goes without a bombshell that this theory can expire with it?
I'm not buying you all a coffee if that is what you are angling for (unless one of you catches me at Gibson's, then yes). But I will endure (another) public shaming for being incorrect. Kind of like how so many of you were SURE that Kavanaugh (sp?) was going to repeal Roe v Wade (despite stare decisis) within weeks if we didn't immolate him right away.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yojimbo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:14 pm
I'm not buying you all a coffee if that is what you are angling for (unless one of you catches me at Gibson's, then yes). But I will endure (another) public shaming for being incorrect. Kind of like how so many of you were SURE that Kavanaugh (sp?) was going to repeal Roe v Wade (despite stare decisis) within weeks if we didn't immolate him right away.
It probably won't happen until, you know, a case reaches the Supreme Court. A shrewd but cynical investment would be in Mexican/Canadian abortion clinics.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Yojimbo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:24 pm
malchior wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:50 pm
Yojimbo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:27 pm
malchior wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:23 pm None of the above is real. I'm presuming the source for this dose of crazy is similar to this but spun leftward. You are consuming thought poison.
I'm not familiar with the Trumpet, I was just reading the EO, I assure you that its in the federal register and everything.
https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... s-election
So to get this straight, you were just reading the Federal Register and independently came up with the same conspiracy theory circulating on the right?
I thought you were saying that the EO was not a real thing. I have to read EOs (and fake EO letters to the SecTres) as an aspect of my work so I have made it a practice to read the EOs regularly for some years now.
Yeah the EO portion is the only thing about any of this that is real. All the rest of it is make believe.
I think that its a arrow in the administration's quiver and if POTUS thinks this election was tainted by massive fraud (and he keeps saying so in the most public way possible) I find it reasonable that he would take that arrow out and fire it, yes. I'm not needing you to believe me, I just want on the record here (for good or ill) as thinking this is what the POTUS (Pouts was funnier) is doing - nothing else makes sense to me about his recent actions.
I don't think it is whether he fires anything. What I'm commenting on was the mentions of Lin Wood, the State Farm arena water leak, the Dominion and Smartmatic systems issues which are all key elements of a currently circulating conspiracy theory which got Sidney Powell disavowed for being too crazy for the *Trump camp*. However, I will also surmise that getting disavowed may confirm the whole thing to someone who consumes the type of mind poison that even fuels this crazy. That said, I welcome it because I suspect many people here aren't actually exposed to this on a regular basis and its good to see what is going on out there outside this bubble.

Note: To anyone who cares, this is a part of how 74 Million people voted for Trump. Their minds are polluted with this QAnon adjacent nonsense. Not everyone though takes it to the right. It also skews into some of the deep populist left as well. I'm seeing more and more of this out there.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:23 pm
Yojimbo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:14 pm
It probably won't happen until, you know, a case reaches the Supreme Court. A shrewd but cynical investment would be in Mexican/Canadian abortion clinics.
The conservative legal pro-life movement is in sort of a weird place right now with Roe v. Wade. Obviously they're committed to opposing it. The tricky part is that they've 95% gutted it in practice without formally overturning it, because we're already at the point where states can regulate the number of abortion clinics down to one or zero through a variety of bad faith regulations. So they've basically already achieved their substantive policy aim, in practice.

In fact I think there's a decent argument that the pro-life establishment would rather not formally overturn Roe. That would be an electoral bomb with unpredictable effects, but it's not insane to think that it would help the pro-choice movement more than the pro-life movement (would mobilize pro-choice voters more, while pro-life voters would be in a more mission accomplished mood).

But at the same time there's a question of how long pro-life voters will tolerate Roe not being overturned after being promised that in the form of conservative judge after conservative judge.
Black Lives Matter.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

I think its entirely possible that Trump and 2 heretofore successful attorneys are all completely crazy (or drumming up publicity).

But I am trying to play the "what is more likely" game in such a way that it does not end in simple crazy. (this may be my error)

I just see how they keep saying things about "foreign owned companies" and "massive election fraud". Those seem to match up with the definitions of Section One of the EO. Correlation is not causation, and it may be nothing and everyone may be infected with lunacy as you suggest.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

malchior wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:43 pmI don't think it is whether he fires anything. What I'm commenting on was the mentions of Lin Wood, the State Farm arena water leak, the Dominion and Smartmatic systems issues which are all key elements of a currently circulating conspiracy theory which got Sidney Powell disavowed for being too crazy for the *Trump camp*. However, I will also surmise that getting disavowed may confirm the whole thing to someone who consumes the type of mind poison that even fuels this crazy. That said, I welcome it because I suspect many people here aren't actually exposed to this on a regular basis and its good to see what is going on out there outside this bubble.

Note: To anyone who cares, this is a part of how 74 Million people voted for Trump. Their minds are polluted with this QAnon adjacent nonsense. Not everyone though takes it to the right. It also skews into some of the deep populist left as well. I'm seeing more and more of this out there.
Any time Lin Wood is a key element of your plan, expect your plan to fail.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Yojimbo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:10 pm I think its entirely possible that Trump and 2 heretofore successful attorneys are all completely crazy (or drumming up publicity).

But I am trying to play the "what is more likely" game in such a way that it does not end in simple crazy. (this may be my error)

I just see how they keep saying things about "foreign owned companies" and "massive election fraud". Those seem to match up with the definitions of Section One of the EO. Correlation is not causation, and it may be nothing and everyone may be infected with lunacy as you suggest.
So either the GA board of elections in general or the GA SecofState in particular, along with poll workers in the State Farm arena, along with plumbers, coordinated to do a water leak to cover up ballot hijinks, in coordination with Dominion and Smartmatic, and the at least tens of people who would be involved in the software and hardware systems to change votes on the order of tens of thousands of ballots

OR

Stacey Abrams and the Democrats organized voters to vote against Trump.

Occam's Razor tells me the simpler explanation is more likely.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Don't forget they orchestrated this massive multi-state fraud to cast votes for Biden but not for the 27 toss-up races they were involved in that would have helped them win the Senate and shore up their numbers in the House.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

The thing is, no plumbers were needed since there was no flood at all per the Facility Manager. But I take the rest of your point.

Then, why the subpoena for the camera footage, more crazy?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

raydude wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:33 pm
So either the GA board of elections in general or the GA SecofState in particular, along with poll workers in the State Farm arena, along with plumbers, coordinated to do a water leak to cover up ballot hijinks, in coordination with Dominion and Smartmatic,
The gnomes of Zurich spend 50 against this action.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:38 pm
So either the GA board of elections in general or the GA SecofState in particular, along with poll workers in the State Farm arena, along with plumbers, coordinated to do a water leak to cover up ballot hijinks, in coordination with Dominion and Smartmatic,
The gnomes of Zurich spend 50 against this action.
Oh man I've been dying to play that game again lately.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yojimbo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:10 pm I think its entirely possible that Trump and 2 heretofore successful attorneys are all completely crazy (or drumming up publicity).

So either the GA board of elections in general or the GA SecofState in particular, along with poll workers in the State Farm arena, along with plumbers, coordinated to do a water leak to cover up ballot hijinks, in coordination with Dominion and Smartmatic, and the at least tens of people who would be involved in the software and hardware systems to change votes on the order of tens of thousands of ballots

OR

Stacey Abrams and the Democrats organized voters to vote against Trump.

Occam's Razor tells me the simpler explanation is more likely.
See that's how Hugo Chavez fooled you. Create a vote stealing scenario that is so outrageously unlikely that no one will believe it.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:00 pm Hugo Chavez fooled you.
Is that a new special card?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

It is now. It beats the Kraken.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
raydude

Post by raydude »

Yojimbo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:37 pm The thing is, no plumbers were needed since there was no flood at all per the Facility Manager. But I take the rest of your point.

Then, why the subpoena for the camera footage, more crazy?
I'm not going to answer but put this out there:

Does this mean that 75 million Americans are similarly lacking in how to use simple tools like Occam's Razor to figure out what's more likely to be true?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

raydude wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:18 pmDoes this mean that 75 million Americans are similarly lacking in how to use simple tools like Occam's Razor to figure out what's more likely to be true?
I'll just add this:
George Carlin wrote:Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Countdown to Biden inauguration as President:

56 DAYS

Biden's final vote tally surpasses 80 million votes. Not bad for "the worst candidate in history."
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

His vote margin is currently 3.94%, a little higher than Obama's was in 2012, meaning that it's the second highest margin in the last 20 years.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I took a little tour of Sidney Powell fandom on Twitter. She is now revered as the greatest lawyer and warrior for God and the Republic that America has ever known. Apparently her being dumped from the Trump team was a stroke of strategic genius on Trump's part, not because Powell is nuts but because she is a "registered military lawyer" and will now be free to handle the treason tribunals for Democrats at Gitmo.

I'm sure it's even worse on Parler.

Needless to say, most of Powell's worshippers are full-on QAnon. This also makes sense because (and this is something I didn't know), Powell is Mike Flynn's lawyer, and he has been a Q champion from the start.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Busting that human trafficking sex slave ring wide open under deep cover as the POTUS is going to happen any second now. any second now.

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I just gotta say, when I started this thread I didn't believe that Squattergate could go on this long while being so ineffective. I know it's a grift on one level, and a dominance display on another. But geez, is this really going to drag on until the EC meets, or even until Inauguration Day? Enough already. Roll credits.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

The kraken was released tonight and apparently it can’t type:

The whole document is riddled with misspellings, words run together, sentence fragments, etc.

It’s also full of the insane Dominion voting machine scam she’s been peddling for the last week. I find it hard to believe she is really taking that to court, The MI filing also includes testimony anout a secret antifa call to fix the election.

All that said, it appears these may not have been actually filed yet, but just put out for public consumption, so they may be able to fix the typos. However time won’t fix the lack of evidence and flawed legal arguments.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

This is a good rundown of why all their arguments continue to be conspiracy theory bullshit.

I can only assume they’ve heard the rumblings of “put up or shut up” that are growing louder even in MAGA land. I expect that we’ve reached the stage of the grift where they know they have to file something to keep the rubes shoveling $$ their way, and this is the best they could do.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unless something has changed, as of this morning the Georgia document wasn't even filed yet. It exists only as a prop on her website (where she suggests that donations to her legal defense fund may be sent as checks payable to Sidney Powell).
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

As with everything they’ve done so far, there’s a 99.9% chance this is all performative bullshit that evaporates the moment they’re required to actually defend it anywhere outside of Fox News and OAN.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Is Hugo Chavez listed as a co-conspirator?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Countdown to Biden inauguration as President:

56 DAYS

For this we give thanks.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Someone should make a new Groundhog Day movie called: “56 Days ‘til Inauguration Day”
malchior

Post by malchior »

Holman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:54 am Unless something has changed, as of this morning the Georgia document wasn't even filed yet. It exists only as a prop on her website (where she suggests that donations to her legal defense fund may be sent as checks payable to Sidney Powell).
Where is the ABA? Seriously. Aren't they supposed to police unprofessional conduct? We have prominent lawyers spreading conspiracy theories and taking direct donations to follow them.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Another rather hilarious review of the filing starts here.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yes! There it is:
So we've got a nameless affiant - actually, that should be 'affiant,' the scare quotes are virtually mandatory - alleging that Smartmatic engaged in a conspiracy with Chavez.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:42 pm Another rather hilarious review of the filing starts here.

Yes, this is an excellent take down, been following it myself.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Can't wait to see the Court's reaction to that... whatever that is.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

malchior wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:29 pm
Holman wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:54 am Unless something has changed, as of this morning the Georgia document wasn't even filed yet. It exists only as a prop on her website (where she suggests that donations to her legal defense fund may be sent as checks payable to Sidney Powell).
Where is the ABA? Seriously. Aren't they supposed to police unprofessional conduct? We have prominent lawyers spreading conspiracy theories and taking direct donations to follow them.
The ABA is not a licensing organization. I'm not even a member of the ABA. You need to look to the state licensing organizations where she is a member.

Wasn't Yojimbo telling us how Sidney was going to wipe the floor with the Dems with these lawsuits?
That's my purse! I don't know you!