Who would you cast for the Trump White House Movie?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Jaymann

Who would you cast for the Trump White House Movie?

Post by Jaymann »

Hopefully it is ending soon, and it is inevitable someone will make a movie of this dumpster fire. I'm going with:

Grift of a Nation

Donald Trump: Jim Gaffigan (because Philip Seymour Hoffman is not available)
Melania: Laura Bananti
Eric: Owen Wilson
Don Jr.: Jake Gyllenhaal
Ivanka: Lisa Kudrow
Jared Kushner: Nicolas Cage
William Barr: John Goodman
Sarah Sanders: Melissa McCarthy
John Bolton: Sam Elliot
Rudy Giuliani: Jim Carrey

Who would you go with?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Who would you cast for the Trump White House Movie?

Post by LawBeefaroni »

America: A green, rust spotted flaming dumpster.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Vladimir Putin: Vladimir Putin
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trump - Jim Carey
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:20 pmTrump - Jim Carey
Playing Fire Marshall Bill, in a fat suit.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I was thinking the other day that the eventual (serious) movie made about this era won't feature Trump or his family in a leading role. They're caricatures who've been playing themselves as themselves for years. There's no arc for them.

Instead it would have to be about how the Trump phenomenon changed life in the White House and Washington. Tell the story through some run-of-the-mill aide who sees the campaign and then the administration from behind the curtain. The devils of the piece would not Trump himself but the main enablers who consciously sold out the very idea of government for the goal of power.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Trump - gotta throw Alec Baldwin's name in the ring, I also think Zack Galifianakis could do something interesting and weird with the role of Trump, also going to go out on a limb and say I would love to see what Sarah Cooper could do with the role of Trump. Love the idea of Nicolas Cage as Kushner, that would be surreal but only if Cage approached it (and of course failed) to play it as a straight dramatic role. Thinking Aubrey Plaza for Ivanka, I think it would be a lot of fun to watch Aubrey bring her quirky weirdness to the nouveau riche airhead. We need some Will Ferrell in there somewhere as well, maybe COS or one of the FOX talking heads. I would just use a cardboard cutout of Mike Pence to play Mike Pence.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

No one suggesting Scarlett Johansson to reprise her role as Ivanka?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Stormy Daniels as Ivanka.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

If Mark Wahlberg is not given a starring role in this movie I WILL.NOT.WATCH.IT.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

It's too fresh for me to want to see a comedy about it.
Holman wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:39 pm I was thinking the other day that the eventual (serious) movie made about this era won't feature Trump or his family in a leading role. They're caricatures who've been playing themselves as themselves for years. There's no arc for them.

Instead it would have to be about how the Trump phenomenon changed life in the White House and Washington. Tell the story through some run-of-the-mill aide who sees the campaign and then the administration from behind the curtain. The devils of the piece would not Trump himself but the main enablers who consciously sold out the very idea of government for the goal of power.
Make this movie, and I'll be excited to watch it when it comes to Netflix or HBO.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Depends on the direction of the film. I'm thinking... horror movie, so maybe Robert Englund?
Tao

Post by Tao »

As awful and dangerous as this administration has been to the US and world democracy at large, if your going to do a movie about Trump it can't possibly be dramatic. Trump is a walking parody of a human being (and I use that categorization loosely). For an actor to attempt to portray Trump "straight" would either be two hours of someone rage tweeting or simply come across as ridiculous, you have to embrace the absurdity. This is an individual that stood in front of millions of people on television and mused on the benefits of injecting disinfectant in to people, then turned to his Task Force as if they should get right on the idea. There's a long laundry list of bat shit crazy stuff this guy has said and seems to fully believe, the Chinese came up with the idea of Global Warming to attack US manufacturing, his daughter is so attractive he would be dating her...if you know...she wan't his daughter. I get that Sarah Cooper is exaggerating and creating a parody but the genius of what she does is that she is using direct comments right out of Trumps mouth. A serious movie about the state of the US over the past four years, dealing with the machinations of the Senate and Congress, big money SuperPac's and election influence, showing just how much of an evil bastard McConnell is, etc. etc. sure. But as soon as you bring in the circus that immediately surrounds Trump, himself, his family, Giuliani, oh man Sean Spicer...too absurd.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Z-Corn wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:14 pm If Mark Wahlberg is not given a starring role in this movie I WILL.NOT.WATCH.IT.
We have found our Mike Pence!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You just do it like Good Night, and Good Luck, where you have Trump clips as actual footage.
One complaint about the film among test audiences was their belief that the actor playing McCarthy was too over the top, not realizing that the film used actual archive footage of McCarthy himself
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:35 pm
Z-Corn wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:14 pm If Mark Wahlberg is not given a starring role in this movie I WILL.NOT.WATCH.IT.
We have found our Mike Pence!
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I think it should just be one actor playing every roll, so I'm going with Eddie Murphy.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr. Hanky as tRump
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken