Volunteer opportunities

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

stessier

Volunteer opportunities

Post by stessier »

I'm looking to continue down my new civic minded path and am looking for opportunities to volunteer. My main interests are Police Reform, Internet Access for All, and Voting Reform. How do I go about finding organizations in my area that are working on these things? I was thinking Defiant, Fireball (still alive after this race??), or other might have some suggestions on where to start looking.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Smoove_B

Re: Volunteer opportunities

Post by Smoove_B »

Check with volunteer match to see if you get any hits.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Defiant

Re: Volunteer opportunities

Post by Defiant »

stessier wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:20 pm I'm looking to continue down my new civic minded path and am looking for opportunities to volunteer. My main interests are Police Reform, Internet Access for All, and Voting Reform. How do I go about finding organizations in my area that are working on these things? I was thinking Defiant, Fireball (still alive after this race??), or other might have some suggestions on where to start looking.
My experience in volunteering (and it's been a few years) was more education-oriented than political-oriented, but Rock The Vote comes to mind.

Also, you may want to reach out to national organizations - it's possible some national organizations may want a contact if your area in order to connect with local politicians or start a local chapter or something. And of course, be aware of how much you're going to take on before taking it on.