White people are White

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Lorini

Re: White people are White

Post by Lorini »

Default wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:17 am
Lorini wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:57 pm The watermelon reference was stupid because it pretends that only Black people eat watermelon and somehow that's wrong and they are barbaric for eating it.
Mark me a barbarian then.
I have always loved fried chicken and watermelon and it was my favorite meal as a kid. I knew that it was being used in a derogatory way, but I always thought that was stupid. It's like looking down on people for liking the color blue.
Exactly!
Black Lives Matter
Combustible Lemur

Re: White people are White

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Lorini wrote:
Default wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:17 am
Lorini wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:57 pm The watermelon reference was stupid because it pretends that only Black people eat watermelon and somehow that's wrong and they are barbaric for eating it.
Mark me a barbarian then.
I have always loved fried chicken and watermelon and it was my favorite meal as a kid. I knew that it was being used in a derogatory way, but I always thought that was stupid. It's like looking down on people for liking the color blue.
Exactly!
Blue is the best flavor of kool-aid, and slushie.

Edit: FWIW I never understood that stereotype. I thought everyone eats like that. What monsters dont eat those kfc, koolaid, watermelon, whenever possible?

I did understand ethnically specific peasant foods. Polish and german foods are an aquired taste i did not have as a kid. Saurkraut? Boilef cabbage? Bleh. So when things like slow cooked greens, or chicharrons, feet, pickles of various kinds i thought of them as cultural foods I didnt have a taste for. Still dont dig pickled meats. But have braodened my tastes greatly.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.