California Recall

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: California Recall

Post by El Guapo »

Yeah, and to be clear I'm differentiating between telling Democratic voters to leave part 2 blank (which seems crazypants to me) and not running a mainstream Democratic alternative for part 2 (which at least seems defensible to me).
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:35 pm
In South Carolina, wearing that clothing is illegal in/near a polling place. But a poll worker holding these views is certainly allowed as long as they say they can put it aside while working at the poll.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Plus "Where's Hunter" is about as effective a slogan as Where's Waldo?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

malchior wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:52 pm It's a plurality of the voters. Which is why some think the recall mechanism might be unconstitutional because it doesn't ensure the person with the most votes wins.
Ah, hadn't considered that. (though I'm not sure voting No on the recall is the same thing as voting for the current governor - you could just oppose the recall effort on principle but not really like the guy)
malchior

Post by malchior »

Defiant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:56 pm
malchior wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:52 pm It's a plurality of the voters. Which is why some think the recall mechanism might be unconstitutional because it doesn't ensure the person with the most votes wins.
Ah, hadn't considered that. (though I'm not sure voting No on the recall is the same thing as voting for the current governor - you could just oppose the recall effort on principle but not really like the guy)
True but it's unknowable because of the flawed process. It really should just go to Lt. Governor and be done with the stupid jungle Governor's election.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:37 pm
Defiant wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:56 pm
True but it's unknowable because of the flawed process. It really should just go to Lt. Governor and be done with the stupid jungle Governor's election.
If they want to really do it right they'd need to either have ranked choice voting on part 2 OR have a separate election if the recall passes. Though that would cost a lot of money in terms of resources...which points towards why not just get rid of the recall process and rely on periodic elections + impeachment.
Black Lives Matter.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The "Where's Hunter" guy was immediately told to go home. He was apparently told to NOT wear that **** coming to work, but did so anyway.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I’m a little curious how he even made it behind a table, and wasn’t booted the moment he showed up in that outfit.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:34 am I’m a little curious how he even made it behind a table, and wasn’t booted the moment he showed up in that outfit.
That's my exact question - it calls the poll supervision into question.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

'A $276 million waste': California Democrats seek changes to recall process after Newsom's landslide

I'm glad to see this. Who knows for sure what if anything will ultimately get passed, but it's a good sign at least that they're launching this.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Kasey Chang wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:39 pm The "Where's Hunter" guy was immediately told to go home. He was apparently told to NOT wear that **** coming to work, but did so anyway.
And yet he was there working. As said it just proves there is a lack of oversight at polling places. Leaves room for arguments they are not secure for voting.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

malchior wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:54 am
Skinypupy wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:34 am I’m a little curious how he even made it behind a table, and wasn’t booted the moment he showed up in that outfit.
That's my exact question - it calls the poll supervision into question.
Yeah, that one guy at that one polling place single handedly changed 5 million votes in favor of Newsom.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter