Found a free and working macro recorder

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kasey Chang

Found a free and working macro recorder

Post by Kasey Chang »

I need to transfer some contents from my Amazon reviews to my website, and I can't think of a way to do it efficiently, as there's no feed I can tap or stuff. The only way I can think of was some sort of macro program. I tried a couple Chrome recorders, but they won't work on EXISTING windows, they want to open new ones to URLs, which won't work for my case.

Eventually, I came across Pulover's Macro Creator, which records stuff in AutoHotKey format, and use AHK engine to play back stuff. Which means it will work with almost anything, and good enough for me. It's NOT as automated as I hope, but it copied stuff over in 30 seconds, but then it had to flip through two separate windows, copy separate fields, add text, move across multiple fields... I doubt I can do it manually any faster, and a lot less work for me.

There are problems though. The recording engine sometimes lose keystrokes when recording unless I type slowly, and it records EVERY last bit of mouse movement, even little jerks. And editing the recordings is painful. However, once I got the macro working, it really works. And I'm sure I barely scratched the surface of its capabilities.

http://www.macrocreator.com/
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds