Excel - Sending spreadsheet as attachment

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Beef_Genie

Excel - Sending spreadsheet as attachment

Post by Beef_Genie »

Heya.

Need some help here.

You know how you can do a FILE/SEND TO/Mail Recipient (as attachment) in Excel (I think the wording might change around in different versions, but its basically the same) to open up a new email with the spreadsheet already attached? What I want to do is create a "button" in the actual spreadsheet that does that.

What I need is this:

I create a cell that says "Send." When a user clicks on "Send", a new email is generated (Outlook 2000, if that matters). The "To" field should be auto-populated with a specified email address (these will all be going to the same person). I would like the subject to display the date (ex. Exceptions - <TODAY'S DATE>) automatically. Finally, the spreadsheet will be attached to the email. If there is a way to get it to automatically send that email as well that would be spiffy, but not necessary at all.

Basically what you can do by inserting a hyperlink for an email address (it asks for the recipient and subject), but with the auto-populated date and spreadsheet attached.

Thanks.

Moo.
is_dead

Post by is_dead »

All you need to do is right click toolbars, add a custom button under file->send email as attachement. Then right click the button, edit hyperlink, type the email recipient and subject. I tried inserting &date and ?date but couldn't get it to work (I guess you tried this).
is_dead