New case?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Hansey

New case?

Post by Hansey »

Hi all - there was lots of talk in Hardware forum at Gone Gold about a case that everyone said they had and loved, that allowed excellent airflow and was really quiet. I think it was an Antec something-or-other, but I can't remember for the life of me. Could someone refresh my memory? I'm going to be building a new PC shortly, and am really interested in something that is quiet and will keep my heat levels down.

Thanks! =)
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Antec Sonata is the main one, along with the similar Antec SLK3700 series. I think SLK 3700 is the right number -- look for the Antecs that advertise being silent/quiet and that have a 120mm fan instead of the louder 80mm fan.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Freezer-TPF- wrote:Antec Sonata is the main one, along with the similar Antec SLK3700 series. I think SLK 3700 is the right number -- look for the Antecs that advertise being silent/quiet and that have a 120mm fan instead of the louder 80mm fan.
Yep. that is the standard case I use on my high-end midtower's. Just be careful not to scratch it. They are so shiny touching it up can be like touching up a car :wink:
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
disarm

Post by disarm »

like the other guys said, you're thinking of the Antec Sonata. i've had one for almost a year now and it's the best case i've owned...extremely quiet, well-designed, and looks great. i highly recommend it 8)
Hansey

Post by Hansey »

That's the one! Thanks everyone. Now I just have to figure out what else to put in it. ;)