No reds when printing EXCEPT during nozzle tests

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Dave Allen

No reds when printing EXCEPT during nozzle tests

Post by Dave Allen »

I recently replaced the three color (cyan-magenta-yellow) cartridges in my Canon S750 inkjet printer. Now none of my color copying is coming out right. All the reds come out butterscotch-looking. I thought it might be a bum magenta cartridge or the nozzle might be malfunctioning, but the Canon color test shows the red working just fine.

I'm lost. :(
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

Does it do it with all types of printing? We had an epson 780 that printed color tests and gif images just fine but gave a blue tint (think Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) to all photos we printed out. It happened with Windows XP machines but not 98. It was a driver issue that never got fixed. You could adjust each image to get it to print right but you had to do it every time. I bought a new printer and gave that one to my mother in law who has a mac (no issues with OS 9 that we found).
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Even when I use the slider for tint adjustment there are no reds whatever.

Does anyone know if the print/nozzle test is a rom function of the printer?
If it is, might it indicate a problem with the cable/connection?
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Once I had a similar problem and it was just a loose connection. I checked , but not this time. So I bought a USB cable today to try a new way of connecting the printer.

I still have the same problem - the magenta cartridge doesn't get tapped at all - except when printing the nozzle test pattern. I tried printing through MSpaint, the viewer, cd labeling, and MS Picture It! All of the printouts are missing reds.

Any help?
Kschang77

That is indeed quite weird...

Post by Kschang77 »

I'd look in the manual and do a "factory reset", make sure there is no calibration of any sort in the computer. Then I'd remove the printer driver and reinstall the printer driver AFTER you rebooted the PC.