Gmail Help

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Mr. Fed

Gmail Help

Post by Mr. Fed »

So with a kind invite from Peacedog, I wound up with a gmail account, which I like very much.

One thing -- am I missing something basic about the contacts list interface? At the moment, it seems as if you cannot separate addresses into categories or create groups. Anyone?
setaside

Post by setaside »

Yeah ... contacts are still a tad "feature-light" ... or "feature non-existant" if you'd rather. :)
disarm

Post by disarm »

yeah...contacts are definitely a weak spot right now in the Gmail system. the one saving feature right now is that your address book is searchable (just like everything else)...click on the Contacts link, type part of a name or address in the search box, and you get instant results. it does make the lack of sorting more manageable. Gmail is still a work in progress though, and Contacts seem to be one of the areas they're working on right now...
Austin

Post by Austin »

The only thing I really need out of it at this point would be, Like Fed said, (isn't that a band?) the ability to create groups. I want to be able to click one group and send an email out to my whole group of poker friends, or Bible study group. 8)