Logitech MX1000 Mouse- Anyone have one and care to comment?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

gorham09

Logitech MX1000 Mouse- Anyone have one and care to comment?

Post by gorham09 »

I've been thinking about getting one of these, but there seems to be a love/hate relationship going on. Some people are complaining about a lag when the mouse is lifted off a surface and placed back down again and others are complaining about a "wobble" (from the mouse not being balanced), while still others are complaining about a scroll wheel problem. And then there are those that think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm torn. Anyone have any personal experience with one of these that they could share?
EngineNo9

Post by EngineNo9 »

And can anyone compare/contrast it to the MX510 "gamer's mouse"?
Silent Kajun

mx1000

Post by Silent Kajun »

I got one about a month ago. Performance wise, I have no complaints. I haven't noticed the lag when lifting the mouse (or at any other time) that you mention, nor have I experienced any wobble. Scroll wheel also seems fine to me.

Having said that, I can't honestly say I've noticed a ton of improvement over the MS optical mouse I was using previously. The laser is supposed to be able to read surfaces much better, but since I use the mouse exclusively from the desktop...well, it works as well as my previous mouse, no better. YMMV if using this, say, while sitting on a couch or something like that (it's supposed to be able to read a leather or cloth surface). I do like the additional buttons it offers over my previous mouse, but I am very disappointed that the logitech software provided does not allow for programming/mapping buttons to game functions. Hopefully this will be improved upon with a new software package.

My final verdict: a good mouse, but probably not worth the money ($79.00 when I bought) if using exclusively at a desktop. Definately would benefit from programmable buttons.