Apollo wrote:I think you guys may have convinced me to go the Cyberpower route. The performance per dollar ratio of their systems is the best I have found. I do have a few questions about how to build my system though, as I am used to Dell's more simplified "build your own" process. If any of you guys could help me out, I would greatly appreciate any input.
1. What is the purpose of an internal usb extension module? Does it simply add more usb outlets to the case?
2. I want an SSD for performance purposes. Right now I'm looking at having a 120gb SSD drive and a 1tb data drive. Does this sound like the best way to get performance and a large amount of storage or should I configure things differently? What about Intel Smart Response Technology? How is that different from simply having an SSD drive and a conventional drive?
3. I realize Corsair is a good brand, but what about CoolerMaster, Thermaltake, and Raidmax power supplies? Are these brands I should consider or should I stick with Corsair?
4. Do I really need a hard drive cooling fan?
5. Is the Asus VH242H monitor better than the VS247H-P or is it more expensive simply because it has a built in speaker?
6. I don't play online games much, and usually just stick with World of Tanks and Battlefield 2. Is the Onboard Gigabite LAN network good enough for my purposes or should I upgrade to the Intel Pro Gigabite 10/100/1000 network card?
7. Why is it recommended that I go with Windows 7 professional rather than WIndows 7 home premium if I am building a system with 16gb of ram?
If anyone can answer any of these questions, I am deeply appreciative. As I stated before, my knowledge of PC hardware (or software for that matter) is very limited so I need all the help I can get before I order a system.
WarPig wrote: I have 2 front facing USB ports on my case and wish I had more. Often.
Kraken wrote:WarPig wrote: I have 2 front facing USB ports on my case and wish I had more. Often.
Enigma wrote:Please let us know how you like it!!
Apollo wrote:Enigma wrote:Please let us know how you like it!!
My new system will be here tomorrow evening so by Thursday night I should have some impressions.
MSD, I actually paid $49 for rush shipping only to see my ship date slip. I e-mailed my customer service rep at Cyberpower (Steve) and within 30 minutes he had e-mailed me back to say that my system would only ship one day late and he refunded my $49 without me even having to ask. So far I'm very impressed with their customer service.
Apollo wrote:Got my PC last night. So far I'm very impressed. My system was built to my exact specifications and it runs like a dream. I'm also very pleased that all of the components where I either didn't or couldn't pick the specific manufacturer are all from top-notch companies. For example, my data HD is a Seagate.
Enigma wrote:Apollo wrote:Got my PC last night. So far I'm very impressed. My system was built to my exact specifications and it runs like a dream. I'm also very pleased that all of the components where I either didn't or couldn't pick the specific manufacturer are all from top-notch companies. For example, my data HD is a Seagate.
Sweet, I'm envious!!!
On a side note, I know the system you bought isn't sold as a "quiet build pc" but how is the sound level coming from the box? That is a big consideration from me as loud fan noises drive me crazy.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest