Ok now whats wrong with YouTube?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Ok now whats wrong with YouTube?

Post by Daehawk »

Its not returning relevant results....for anything.

Like I want to see clips of an ep of Stargate Atlantis called Sanctuary. I do that search and I get comicon interviews with amanda tapping....who isn't even in that ep....I get trailers for other eps...I get fan made videos using clips and put to a song...I get NOTHING relevant to what i searched. It just did this today. Last night was fine. I could have searched then and it would return clips from that ep or the full ep. Now nada.

EDIT: And I only get 1 page of results..1 page!
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stessier

Re: Ok now whats wrong with YouTube?

Post by stessier »

I get 7 pages right now and 6,070 results in the upper right corner when I type "Stargate Atlantis Sanctuary". Hope you figure it out.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

stessier wrote:I get 7 pages right now and 6,070 results in the upper right corner when I type "Stargate Atlantis Sanctuary". Hope you figure it out.
I get "about 6,060 results." WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MISSING 10 RESULTS?
razgon

Re: Sv: Ok now whats wrong with YouTube?

Post by razgon »

Oh, sorry, that was me. Please try again!
Gone...
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

it's better today. Im getting a big amount of results and some are actually the right kind. Still a lot of crap too though.
stessier

Post by stessier »

AWS260 wrote:
stessier wrote:I get 7 pages right now and 6,070 results in the upper right corner when I type "Stargate Atlantis Sanctuary". Hope you figure it out.
I get "about 6,060 results." WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MISSING 10 RESULTS?
DMCA takedowns. :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

New problem. A video will be playing and I click another one....nothing happens...sorta...I see a line load real fast at the top and the video name changes...its as if it did change to the new video I clicked on...but the original video keeps playing with no interruption to it. Oh and my videos all start with the sound tuned all the way off.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Will my YouTube troubles never end?

Now it KEEPS wanting to link my YT to Google+. If I refuse it wont let me post replies. If I do accept to do it then it makes a brand new account or something. It makes me use a different avatar and stuff. If I temp disable linking to G+ then its back to not allowing me to reply and some other oddities.

I have told them repeatedly in the comment area I dont want to use this...its to he point i cussed the hell out of them last time...it is now showing like 8 accounts for Google+ to my YT channel.

WTH is going on?

Below is a pic. See my name down the list of replies that looks like Shepard from Stargate? Thats my normal YT account. But see the Mal from Firefly avatar in the open reply box...thats one of 8 accounts it keeps trying to make me use to reply in YT.
Enlarge Image

If I click the box to post a reply this comes up,....
Enlarge Image

Then if I click no or whatever this pops up.
Enlarge Image

The only way to unlimk the damn thing is if I am able to get to settings and temporarily turn off linking. Which then takes me back to not being able to post. It jus trefuses to leave me alone and let me use my normal account. I am starting to HATE Google.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, welcome to today's changes on Youtube.
If you want to comment now, you'll have to use either your existing Google+ account (which you likely linked to YouTube recently when Google did a large merge of accounts) or create a YouTube channel with a new name.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well that sucks. I already had a nice YT channel just for my car vids. Sigh. TY. I wonder if I dont use G+ and instead make a new channel if I can use my same nick and have it find my videos?..or will I lose all my favorites and stuff too? Cause I really dont want G+

Seems if I dont comment it all stays the same. But thats lame.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I gave up and just made a channel with G+ linked..hell with it.

One last thing ...when I post theres a checkbox already checked to share my comment and I always have to uncheck it before posting. Is there some way to turn this off as default?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

More looking at it and the way comments are handled now has got to be some of the stupidest shit there is. It makes no sense. I prefer to see them in order of time posted just like before...but NOooooo cant do that now. YouTube will die off a bit from this I think.
stessier

Post by stessier »

It's part of their effort to improve the comments on youtube. Content creators have been complaining about their poor quality for a long time. The jury is split as to whether or not it will work, but everyone agrees something had to change.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well Im logged in and there is no REPLY button. I can post my own comment but have no way to reply to another's post. F&%R&^$#%E&^ G+
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

You seriously might be the only person I know that comments on Youtube videos. Your frustration at an inability to do so astounds me.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

LOL ya Im sad but I is what I is. :P Im a half and halfer. Half the time I post nice stuff..the other half Im bitching about something. Hey no life and only a few friends makes for boring conversation in RL :) Im in so much pain that having a RL is som....oh screw it I do enough self pity hahaha.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Google+ and YouTube are begging me to kill them!!

I have been logged in and doing fine. I click to add a comment and it pops up login/account as if Im not logged in. Not wanting to fool with it as Im heading out the door i escape it and leave. Come home and click to add a comment and I AM LOGGED IN ON SOME OLD G+ ACCOUNT!??? It says "Welcome to G+ ...Ready to post your first comment?"...No NO Im ready to fucking kill all you bastard apps thats what Im ready to do you POS service.

If only it would just die and we could get something to replace YT and G+.

Now I have to spend an hour trying to figure out how to make it understand which account to use and find a way to delete all the others it forced me to create while trying to shove Google+ up it's own ass back a few weeks ago.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got it back but it refuses to give me any way to deleted the surplus accounts.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Delete my entire Google+ profile

Your Google+ profile will be deleted along with other services and data that depend on your Google+ profile.

What to do:

Sign in to Google+.
Click your full name or email address in the upper right corner of your screen.
In the Account Management section, click Delete profile and remove related Google+ features.
Select Delete your entire Google profile.
Google Support
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its timing out on me now. the videos wont play or load and after about 20 seconds it says this inside the window where the video should be playing....

The connection has timed out

The server at clickberry.tv is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I wonder if the intrawebs broke. I can't get to ESPN or some other local news sites.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Musta broke because it seems ok today. Now Im sick though. ugh. I hate fevers.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

What I've noticed about the "new" Youtube is that everything works fine until I right-click on another video to open it in another tab while I'm still watching the first video. The second video does not open under my account, like it used to, and prompts me to log in, or set up another account if I want to post a comment.

So basically, if I want to post comments, I can only have one instance of Youtube running at a time if I want to post comments. And yes, I do like to post comments from time to time. There do exist some channels and videos that do have some relatively intelligent commenters (commentators?), and I have had some fun exchanges over the years. Not everyone who comments at Youtube is a drooling a-hole (though they can be quite prevalent at certain types of videos).
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

YouTube again. You know how sometimes people put the video counter number in the descriptions so you can simply click them to go to that part of the video....great for greatest hits videos for songs. But i click and nothing happens. It used to work....not sure when last that was though. Nothing at all happens now if I click a hyperlink counter in Yt.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Have you tried other videos? The hyperlinks in the ones I watch still work fine (sample size 3 today, but I've done a handful of others over the past week and they've all worked as well).
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Good idea. tried a few more but had the same results.

As a side note I tried updating JAVA and it seemed to update but not update...not sure....says it updated but it will still want to update. I think maybe my java or something is hosed.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Java update came across my home machine last night, and work this morning.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I have disabled all Java updates everywhere.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote:Good idea. tried a few more but had the same results.

As a side note I tried updating JAVA and it seemed to update but not update...not sure....says it updated but it will still want to update. I think maybe my java or something is hosed.
Bear in mind, Java and Javascript are two entirely seperate and different beasts, and Youtube should have nothing to do with Java whatsoever.

In fact, given the security flaws with Java, it's likely best to avoid even installing it (unless you have specific need of it for something like Minecraft).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Youtube uses Flash and HTML 5. And I have Java set to always ask for permission before running anything.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is the CanIrunIt page also on Flash? If so I may have a Flash problem instead. it NEVER works...unless I download the app. I already have the app but it refuses to work unless I uninstall and reinstall it then the web page will work...every damn time. So if that place is Flash too that may be it. Ill just go ee about grabbing Flash.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The site tells me that auto detection is by Java, otherwise there's an app you can download.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im just going to chalk it up to Canirunit and YT hating my guts and Ill hate them right back and call it even. I tire of the messing wit hthem. Beaten by internet apps.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: In fact, given the security flaws with Java, it's likely best to avoid even installing it (unless you have specific need of it for something like Minecraft).
there's nothing wrong with Java itself - it's the browser web plug-ins for Java that are the security hole. remove those from your browser if you don't want to manage them through other means. (but the JRE and runtimes on your desktop - those are fine.)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

More YT nonsense. Seems to simply not like my setup.. It has started failing to save videos I mark as favorites. I mark them...I see them marked....it shows marked...I go to favorites and they are not there. The last video I faved about 2 weeks ago is there as the latest one.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I hate the new feed and how they changed to dealing with subscriptions. Blech.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

And now my entire favorites are gone...gone...the other 3 listing are there...like and whatever..but favorites is gone..replaced wit ha gray box that says to add a video to your playlist click add to below the video. sigh.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand found I was on the wrong account...this time...this time.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Accounts....why cant I delete them? It CONTINUES to log me in on the wrong account. I always have to change accounts. I ended up making about 7 accounts when G+ was giving me such a hard time and now it keeps wanting to use one of those instead of my main. Why cant I delete those?? ARGH.

When I check advanced settings it will let me delete anything other than the one I want to. My main one I can delete but not that one it likes to use. Maybe that is my main and the one I use is a alt....but damn YT.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Now my comments wont load so I cant post. they have the timer loading icon going but never load.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Works for me. Although I hate that I have to log in much more frequently now. In fact, I never used to have to log in at all - it was automatic.

It's annoying, but no big loss for me. Most of the comments I ever made there have long-since vanished into the ether, and Youtube is a horrible place to try and make lasting friendships, so I've just come to realize that I really don't care if I post anything there, since nobody there really cares what I post anyway, especially if it's something intelligent. Their loss, not mine. And really, when was the last time you read a memorable comment there?

I do still log in to give a thumbs-up to a video I really like, but that's about it. And I'll post a rare attaboy to the video-maker if I think he or she did a really nice job, but engaging in "conversation" with other viewers usually is just not worth the trouble.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd