Goodbye gaming desktop, hello gaming laptop

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Re: Goodbye gaming desktop, hello gaming laptop

Post by EvilHomer3k »

I have a 4k laptop with a 960. It doesn't play games well at 4k so I think you made a good choice if you want to use it for gaming. I just drop the resolution and I'm pretty happy. It's a secondary gaming laptop, though. My main has a 970. That 120hz would be sweet though.
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
RunningMn9

Re: Goodbye gaming desktop, hello gaming laptop

Post by RunningMn9 »

EvilHomer3k wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:59 am I have a 4k laptop with a 960. It doesn't play games well at 4k so I think you made a good choice if you want to use it for gaming. I just drop the resolution and I'm pretty happy. It's a secondary gaming laptop, though. My main has a 970. That 120hz would be sweet though.
A few days in, and this thing is absolutely breathtaking. I don't think that I have ever been this pleased with a computer purchase. I was worried that my anticipation and expectations would be too great, but they were blown out of the water. Playing The Witcher 3 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands at 1440p with Ultra settings is awesome.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range