The INQ slams Anandtech

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

is_dead

The INQ slams Anandtech

Post by is_dead »

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18896

I did think it was a bit odd when Anand gave strong praises to the intel boards when they are (these days at least) worse performing and worse performance/price ratio. But I never clarified my thoughts on the issue and basically forgot about it.

Now the article linked comes out. I bet this one goes a long way and causes a stir.
is_dead
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I read about 2 pages, then realised that I don't really care. So they awarded a gold to the top Intel board. It's like saying that there are way better FPS's on PC, so why did Halo get a 90%?

Me? I'm a hardcore AMD guy. Ever since 8th grade, when I wrote e-mails to both companies asking for dead processors to show my class. Intel never wrote me back, AMD sent me two old ones (a K6 and a K7) OVERNIGHT. Loyal customer ever since.

Anyway, sometimes features are more important than performance, and sometimes people have loyalties. There is no big issue about awarding stuff to the best in its catagory.
I'm special!
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

The Gold they awarded to the intel board was a gold awarded to the top intel motherboard in an intel 925x motherboard roundup. Anandtech does motherboard roundups several times a year and they award the gold to the best board in the roundup.

Apparently the author of the inquirer 'article' is having a tough time comprehending the fact that Anandtech's mobo roundups ALWAYS award someone a gold (actually, I have seen one or two where they didn't give out a gold). He also seems to have some difficulty writing professional articles. Obviously, he's also unaware that Anandtech has been recommending the A64 over the P4 ever since it came out. In fact, AT often recommended the A XP over the P4. I have yet to find a site with more professional, more comprehensive, or less biased reviews than Anandtech.