My screen is messed up.

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

snoleopard

My screen is messed up.

Post by snoleopard »

Everything was fine until about 2 minutes ago, and I noticed my full screen is suddenly not. I have black one each side, about an inch on the left, and 1 and a 1/2 inch on the right. Does anyone know why/how this might have happened, and how to fix it?
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Check your desktop resolution. Could be a game or other program re-set your resolution and didn't set it back.

Otherwise, reset your monitor (physically with the buttons on front) and then manually size your screen.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
SirReal
Technical Admin

Post by SirReal »

It could also be that the refresh rate has been changed. Either way, lawbeefaronis advice will work.
snoleopard

Post by snoleopard »

Thanks to both of you. The refresh rate was the same, so I used the buttons on my monitor to physically change the screen, and got it back to what it was at full screen. Don't know why it would suddenly change like that though. I didn't do anything that would make it change like that, at least, not that I'm aware of. I think this happened once at GG, and I asked the same question, and was told the same, but it's been so long ago that I forgot about the buttons at the bottom of my monitor that lets me change things. Anyway, it's working right again, and my thanks again... :)