Any one know anything about bone conducting headsets?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kasey Chang

Any one know anything about bone conducting headsets?

Post by Kasey Chang »

I am cursed with an extra-sized cranium, so finding headphones that fit is a challenge. Sometimes even max extension is not quite enough to fit my head comfortably, and only headphones that has the overhead band, not the "behind the head" sports type. I've taken to wear IEMs (earbuds) or related type (like the LG "neckband" type BT headsets, which is basically IEMs with a neckband) but I don't like the pressure put inside the ear canals, so I'm looking into bone conduction headsets.

Unfortunately, from what I've seen, they are all the "sports-type", with a band that swings behind the head, presumably to give a steady pressure against the bone in front of the ear. I've tried a Panasonic one on an impulse buy. Didn't quite fit my head properly but the technology is right... sound quality is quite tolerable, and doesn't block my ear from hearing other stuff.

I checked a couple reviews but none of them seem to fit those with extra-sized heads. Maybe it's just my Google-fu?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
TheMix

Re: Any one know anything about bone conducting headsets?

Post by TheMix »

Not familiar with them at all. So I'll look forward to the inevitable reviews. :wink:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.