Kindle Fire HDX and Amazon support

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Kindle Fire HDX and Amazon support

Post by Daehawk »

In 2014 I saved for many months and got my wife a Kindle Fire HDX 7" tablet. This month it decided to stop charging. Ive tried many cables and chargers. If I bend on it and pull it will beep on and then beep off. So no charging.

I called Amazon just now to find out my nice shiney $250 tablet has a 1 year warranty. Ya 1 year...they are really sure on the quality of these things. I look online and the charging port is a HUGE problem. And they know it. So After 3 transfers the best I can get is to spend more money at Amazon..yay. They tried..i mean really tried their entire script and the used car salesman trick of speaking to the supervisor and it semi worked. I will be getting a Kindle Fire 7 for half price. Yay me...stupid me.

So to recap. I pay $250 for a high tech tablet that lasts 1 year 8 months. I then will be paying Amazon $25 for a Kindle Fire 7.

My old one was 64gig and a super nice screen...the new one will have 8 gig and a half as good screen. And the kicker...90 day warranty.

Now I love Amazon. Ive used them since they were simply an online bookstore. In fact I got that near $200 SSD from them the other week. But if this is their service and if this next one goes tits up quickly then Im never buying tech from them again. It will be simply books or such and only with a damn fine warranty.

I babied this thing. I bought a case for it same day. :(.

The bright spot??..I can order a replacement charging port and install it myself for $10.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stessier

Re: Kindle Fire HDX and Amazon support

Post by stessier »

Is there a tablet that offers a longer warranty? I thought 90 days to 12 months was pretty standard.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

stessier wrote:Is there a tablet that offers a longer warranty? I thought 90 days to 12 months was pretty standard.
Daehawk is speaking of the way warranties used to be in ye bygone olden daes
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Daehawk wrote: The bright spot??..I can order a replacement charging port and install it myself for $10.
You might want to do a factory reset on the tablet first. It's not always a physical problem with the port (unless you've now loosened it trying to bend in different cables).
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

yeah 1 yr warranty is pretty standard, if not shorter.. same for computers and a lot of electronics and heck a lot of companies wouldn;t even have given you the half off..
This is one of the reason's I tend to buy warranties, yeah sometimes, I never use them, but when I do, it's helpful.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Did you buy it with a credit card that doubles your warranty?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Without looking Id guess PayPal.

EDIT: Looking at my purchase it was VISA...or VISA through PayPal..not sure which. Now to see if VISA has extra auto warranty.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Daehawk wrote: The bright spot??..I can order a replacement charging port and install it myself for $10.
Good luck with that. I tried to install a replacement glass on the HDX that I put my knee through, and irrevocable mangled it trying to pry the old on off, even though I bought a tool kit that supposedly was just for this purpose. Something inside was connected to the screen and would not allow separation.
stessier wrote:Is there a tablet that offers a longer warranty? I thought 90 days to 12 months was pretty standard.
I paid I think $30 for a 2 year warranty when I bought a replacement HDX. That warranty (Square Trade) recently paid for itself when the HDX drown and was replaced without incident.
Black Lives Matter