Looking for a way to have schedual printing.

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

UsulofDoom

Looking for a way to have schedual printing.

Post by UsulofDoom »

I sometimes don't use my printer for 3-10 weeks. Now that is very bad for the print heads. They will clog over time. I have had this problem with Epson’s and early versions of the HP. I went through cleaning and replacing heads to often. One of the main reasons I brought the HP Officejet pro 8620 was the ability to print out on a schedule using the Printables app. I have it print the one page NBC news on M,W,F every week to keep it going.

Now that they have discontinue the app. what can I do in place of it? Printing 12 pages a month does not use much paper or ink but does keep head from clogging.
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
stessier

Re: Looking for a way to have schedual printing.

Post by stessier »

Google home page? Mostly whitespace - so less ink usage - but still goes through all the colors.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Windows Task Scheduler

A Win7 forum:
You can use this line in a scheduled task to print the gif file.

mspaint /p C:\Users\username\Desktop\1.gif
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Oh, heh, I totally missed his point. My bad. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

It is fairly old now, but you could try this version of the old AutoPrint utility, which doesn't require wasting a lot of ink or paper.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote:Windows Task Scheduler

A Win7 forum:

Neat, thanks.
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Isgrimnur wrote:Windows Task Scheduler

A Win7 forum:

Set that up on my work computer for MWF. It's working great. Thanks!. Now just need to make a print I can use in stead of throw away.
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I have an Epson printer and there are built-in utilities for this sort of thing.
Black Lives Matter