I HATE AVG

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

I HATE AVG

Post by Daehawk »

Oh God do I HATE AVG antivirus. I tried to install it as its free but it failed on install yet it loads into my start tray. If I right click it to turn it off so i can delete it it doesn't give me the normal shut down menu it gives me some damn AVG window that the only button is open avg.

So I open avg. Its not installed right or something because its red'd out in all options. If I click it to finish it just does nothing. If I try to quit from there it errors.

If I use my CCleaner to try and delete it it says I must first delete AVG Protection and then turn off AVG. I cant find the first and cant do the second.

So Im stuff with a half assed install that doesn't work and wont let me delete. And I cant delete it from the HD itself because it says its running. IU^&%RU&*%^R&*

EDIT: I forgot I owned a program called UNLOCKER. I used it to unlock of write only stuff and set it to delete it all at next reboot which i did then. All gone. I love UNLOCKER!! Deletes anything.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Anonymous Bosch

Re: I HATE AVG

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

If you value the security of your system, why not spend the $20 burning a hole in your wallet on Webroot AV or the like? Absent the knowledge and discipline for behavioural best practices, relying exclusively on free security software running on a Windows system is asking for trouble.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Daehawk

Re: I HATE AVG

Post by Daehawk »

I used to run free stuff but haven't run any of that in a year or more. I use Malwarebytes, Ccleaner, MS Security and such.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"