Kingston to release 2TB flash drive

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Kingston to release 2TB flash drive

Post by Isgrimnur »

PC World
After debuting the 1 TB Kingston DataTraveler HyperX Predator USB 3.0 flash drive last year, Kingston has one-upped itself with the DataTraveler Ultimate Generation Terabyte, a similar USB 3.0 flash drive with capacities of up to two terabytes, using a USB 3.1 interface.

As you can see from the picture above, the Ultimate Generation Terabyte is a monster, as the key itself dwarfs the USB connector. All told, it measures 72mm x 26.94mm x 21mm (that's 2.83 inches by 1 inch by 0.83 inches).
Kingston isn’t divulging a price for the new drive, though we can discern some clues from its last-generation drive. The DataTraveler HyperX Predator ships in two capacities: $295.59 for the 512 GB version, and a whopping $2,730 for the 1 TB version. (Both prices come from Amazon; Kingston doesn’t list any prices for the drive on its own website.) It’s reasonable, then, to assume that Kingston will charge much, much more than $2,730 for the new 2 TB model, and it’s possible that the price could even double to $5,500 because of the sheer novelty of the product.

But really, who cares? You’ve got 2 terabytes in your pocket.
Out of stock, but Newegg had the 1TB for $1,276.05.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Moliere

Re: Kingston to release 2TB flash drive

Post by Moliere »

I will wait until they are $50.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Is that a Kingston DataTraveler HyperX Predator in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

made me think of Even Cowgirls Get the Blues.