USB mouse and keyboard losing connection

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

stessier

USB mouse and keyboard losing connection

Post by stessier »

I've been having an issue for some time now and I can't figure out what to check next.

I'm running Windows 10 on a machine built from scratch for it. Intermittently, Windows loses connection with my USB connected keyboard and mouse. They rarely fail together - it is one or the other. The keyboard is connected directly to the usb connection on the rig. I have 9 different ports and it has happened on all of them. The mouse is connected via a hub with 4 ports, but I've tried it on all 4 as well as the 9 direct connections.

When the keyboard fails, unplugging and replugging the keyboard fixes the connection. It happens randomly but most often to my wife (we have separate accounts that we log into on Windows 10 but the settings are all the same).

When the mouse fails, a notice pops up from Windows saying that the system no longer detects the mouse. Then, most times, almost immediately the connection is reestablished. Occasionally, however, it stays dead. In this case, the light on the usb hub that shows the connection will go out about 5 seconds after the system fails to detect the mouse. At that point, it doesn't matter where I connect the mouse, I have to restart the machine to get the connection working again. The error says "HSAG01 gaming mouse not detected." in a Windows pop up.

I'm using a Azza Wired Keyboard (can't find the model number). It is listed as a HID Keyboard Device twice in Device Manager (even though I only have one) and the driver installed for both is

Code: Select all

Provider: Microsoft
Date: 6/21/2006
Version: 10.0.14393.206
Signer: Microsoft Windows 
The mouse is a RockSoul wired mouse RSMS-00115. Under Device Manager it is shown as HID Compliant Mouse and the driver info is below (pressing update says I have the most recent driver)

Code: Select all

Provider: Microsoft
Date: 6/21/2006
Version 10.0.14393.0
Signer: Microsoft Windows
I've tried updating drivers, but they are up to date. There are no manufacturer specific drivers that I could find. I've tried uninstalling the devices and reinstalling them but it doesn't help. Is there anything else I can try? Any other place I might find an illuminating error message?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Re: USB mouse and keyboard losing connection

Post by Daehawk »

Found a few fixes online to try. Each seemed to help different people.

1. 1. Scroll to the right and type 'Power Options' in the search field and click on it.
2. Click 'Change plan setting' on your chosen plan.
3. Click 'Change advanced power setting' on your chosen plan.
4. Find 'USB settings' and open.
5. Find 'USB selective suspend setting' and change it to disabled.

2.When booting your PC, enter the BIOS setup and disable USB 3.0 support.
There will be no more USB 3.0, but at least USB devices will not disconnect anynore.

3.bend the little tabs on the ports in so they grab on the the indents on the usb plug these tabs can bend slightly causing the usb device to disconnect when moved slightly

4.1- Open device Manager.
2- Human interface Devices. ( you will find many options such as micrsoft hardware USB, USB input device)
3- Right click in one of them or double click.
4- go to power management.
5- Uncheck the option of " Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" than OK.
Note* try to use step #3-5 on all available option*

Try to do the same thing in Universal Serial Bus controller.

5. not found one yet :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"