GeForce Exp is junk now

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

GeForce Exp is junk now

Post by Daehawk »

I can no longer use it to optimize any of my games because it wants to set most of them to low and all of them to some weird res like 1768 x 992 ...never heard of that res. My native is 2560x1080 and it should always use that. So I cant use it at all for any game now days.

No big deal to me ...just venting.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Re: GeForce Exp is junk now

Post by Blackhawk »

You have a very unusual monitor/resolution. There's nothing wrong with that, but you can't be too surprised when it throws off programs. Besides, the GeForce Experience optimizing has always been a joke. It tends to set things much lower than you can run them, and doesn't take preferences into account (do I want less AA or less shadows?) What I usually do is set things myself, then see if GFE suggests turning any of them up (which I then do by hand.) I'll generally sacrifice a few FPS for graphical quality.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
gameoverman

Re: GeForce Exp is junk now

Post by gameoverman »

Of all the things GE can be used for, adjusting settings seems to me to be the least useful. How hard is it to fire up the game, set your resolution, pick the 'medium' preset then play a bit? If your framerate is low, drop to the 'low' preset. If you have some headroom in the framerate, raise your preferred settings to 'high'. Done.

I know people like to use it for that purpose because I've read their posts on message boards and they're almost always unhappy with it. How can some automated program know what you like? Just because it gathered data on what other people choose with those components doesn't mean it's relevant to you.