Samsung's new 49" ultrawide OLED monitor

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Samsung's new 49" ultrawide OLED monitor

Post by Daehawk »

Just a thing of beauty

But the CHG90 isn’t just big — Samsung has also put together a pretty good screen here, whether you just need to be able work on a couple dozen columns of a spreadsheet at once — it can show Excel column BG in native resolution — or want to play Battlefield 1 in its ultimate cinematic glory. The CHG90 utilizes Samsung’s QLED Quantum Dot technology for an improved picture, and supports the HDR10 standard for high-dynamic range content. And on the gaming side of things, the CHG90 works with AMD’s FreeSync 2 standard for improved visuals with less screen tearing, along with offering a 1-millisecond response time and a 144Hz refresh rate.

Samsung also has some proprietary software designed to help manage applications on the CHG90, allowing users to configure up to six windows at once, which is pretty handy if you’re looking to take full advantage of the massive amount of screen real estate. For connectivity, the CHG90 has DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, two HDMI ports, and three USB 3.0 ports, although there’s unfortunately no USB-C option.

And though the 49" is pricey it appears the 32" hits a very sweet spot between the 49" and the 27" .

the 49-inch CHG90 will set you back $1,499, while the CHG70 costs $699 for the 32-inch model and $599 for the 27-inch variety. All three displays are available to preorder today, and expected to ship later this summer.

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Re: Samsung's new 49" ultrawide OLED monitor

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, but who really has the desk space for it? I can almost just barely fit my 24" on mine.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have very little space on top of my cedar chest but my 29" ultrawide sits fine on top of my PS4 with room for that one if I had the cash.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Rumpy wrote:Yeah, but who really has the desk space for it? I can almost just barely fit my 24" on mine.
Anyone with a reasonably sized desk? We aren't all using rolltop desks from the 19th century.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Well, I'd call my desk reasonably sized. But the way it's designed doesn't make it very suitable for anything much bigger than 24". In fact, it was designed for a CRT and was lucky it fit.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti