My Windows Macro Recorder died, found a replacement

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kasey Chang

My Windows Macro Recorder died, found a replacement

Post by Kasey Chang »

Not sure what happened, but the macro recorder I used before, Pulover's Macro Recorder for Windows, basically stopped working. Wonder if one of the more recent Win10 updates broke it beyond repair. The app opens, but it won't load any macros, the OPEN dialog took like FOREVER to load, and won't actually load anything. There's an option to export the macro to AutoHotKey script, but as I can't load the macro it doesn't do me any good. I've refreshed it with a new copy, didn't help. Even run it inside a virtualization didn't help. It's the app itself and Windows API that's all screwed up.

Finally I gave up on it, and downloaded a different macro recorder. It's called "TinyTask" at Tinytask.net, and it's less than 50K (most of which is the graphical icons) and it records the macros just fine, and plays back at the recorded speed or faster. Had to recreate the macro, but it's not THAT complicated, and at least I'm back in business rather than hoping for a solution.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
hepcat

Re: My Windows Macro Recorder died, found a replacement

Post by hepcat »

Welcome to feature update 1803. I really don’t think Microsoft has thought through the move to mimic apple when it comes to updates.
Covfefe!