Need Good USB headset!

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

UsulofDoom

Need Good USB headset!

Post by UsulofDoom »

Looking for a Good USB headset. Looking for feed back from people that play FPS games. Have you had the one your using for long? Do they still make it? Any good ones that will last I will pay > $100.
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Bad Demographic

Re: Need Good USB headset!

Post by Bad Demographic »

I have 2 headsets.
The one I use is an old Sennheiser. It's not that comfortable after a couple hours, but it works.
The other one is a fancy schmancy Corsair. It's very comforable, more so than the Sennheiser, but when I take it off and lay it on the desk for any kind of break it shuts itself off and I can't get it to work again. This is only a problem when gaming with friends, but that's also pretty much the only time I use a headset. I don't know why it does that.
The other thing I like better about the Sennheiser is that the on/off & volume control is on the cord instead of on the earpiece -- much easier to use and I can see what I'm doing when I'm adjusting the volume.

Bob's headset are cheap Koss ones that cost around $40. Their adequate but he says he wouldn't recommend them.

I'd suggest hoofing over to Worst Buy to see what feels comfortable and is easy to control. If nothing else, you might be able to get an idea of what brand to go with. As for features, I prefer the on/off & volume controls on the cable rather than on the headset itself.
If you wear glasses, make sure the headset is comfortable on top of your glasses or that your glasses work okay if the bows sit on top of the headset earpieces.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter