Sharing Bluetooth Headphones

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Fitzy

Sharing Bluetooth Headphones

Post by Fitzy »

Weird question, but I have a couple of bluetooth headphones that I rotate between an iPad, iPhone and computer. Both are paired with all three, but of course when turned on connect to the last one they were connected to. I've been switching them by killing the BT on the device it is connected to and then hitting connect on the device I want them connected to.

My question is there an easier way? I know I'm being lazy, but it's irritating sometimes to try and track down which device it actually connected to. I'm hoping I'm just missing something, though i suspect the best option is to get another set and give each device its own headphones. :lol:

The headphones in question are MEE Matrix 3 and BeatsX.

PS

The MEE ones can be simultaneously connected to two devices, but damn does it suck. When ever a device makes a sound, for example a fucking ad on a website, it flips to that device.

Trying to hit connect on the device I want the headphones connected to, while they are connected to another device, doesn't work.

Mostly this is about laziness and wanting a quick way to flip the headphones between devices so I don't have to search for my phone or iPad in order to play a game on my computer.
TheMix

Re: Sharing Bluetooth Headphones

Post by TheMix »

Pretty sure the answer is no. If I'm understanding correctly.

I have half a dozen or so bluetooth devices and 4-5 headsets, plus some speakers. Mostly I listen on to Pandora on my phone. For some reason, it seems like my headphones will connect faster to other devices. The biggest problem, of course, are the devices that I'm connecting to. Having multiple listening devices isn't that big an issue. In fact, sometimes it's nice to have my phone connected to headphones for calls and speakers for music. But I've found that if I use, for example, my external speakers with my tablet, I need to make sure to turn off the bluetooth on the tablet or they will connect instantly (or maybe it's because that was the last connection? I never tested that out).

So basically, yeah, I keep bluetooth off on all the devices except my phone unless I specifically am using them. Managing the phone's connections is pretty easy - if I have a couple of the headphones/speakers on.

But it sounds like you use your other devices far more frequently than I do. So you'll probably need to dedicate headphones to specific devices. :cry:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

TheMix wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:05 pm Pretty sure the answer is no. If I'm understanding correctly.
That's the conclusion I have reached as well. Was holding out hope someone would see something I missed.

The biggest issue is that my MEE headphones are light years better sounding than the beats ones and even more so beyond the iPhone/iPad built in speakers, so I rotate the MEEs between three devices. And it's always connected to the wrong one at first :lol: If iTunes didn't suck so hard on Windows I'd probably be ok, but it is what it is.

I'm thinking of just getting a HomePod for music, we're 5/6 into the Apple walled garden anyway. I can keep my full headphones for my PC and the beats for my iphone.

Thanks for confirming.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Some headphones are "multi-port", i.e. it can connect to more than one source at the same time, but that doesn't have anything to do with that.

To me, the obvious solution is NFC enabled headphones. Scan it and it pairs directly. My Sony did that with my Moto X. But I don't think iPads and iPhones play nice with NFC pairing.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds