Powerpoint sound issue

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Ralph-Wiggum

Powerpoint sound issue

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I just got a new notebook this weekend and downloaded the newest version of Office (thank you, university license!). I'm putting together a Powerpoint presentation for a talk that contains audio files of bugs singing to each other. These audio files were previously recorded in Audacity and exported as .Wav files. They play perfectly fine in Audacity and they played perfectly fine in Powerpoint on my old previous laptop with an older version of Office (2013, I think?).

But with my new laptop/version of Powerpoint, I'm running into some weird issues with these sound files. While the sound files occasionally sound like they should, usually after playing one or two of the sound files those sound files and later sound files in the same slide are all distorted. This happens both in the edit and slideshow modes. Since I started this presentation on my old computer/set-up, I tried removing the sound files and then importing them again, but that didn't help. I've also tried exporting the sound files in Audacity at a higher bit rate and removing hardware acceleration in PP, but neither solved the problem.

Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks for the help!
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Re: Powerpoint sound issue

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Update: I tried the same PP presentation on another computer that has an older version of PP installed and the sound is fine. So now I'm not sure if it's an issue with my new computer, an issue with this new version of PP, or some combination of the two. Blargh.
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Re: Powerpoint sound issue

Post by hitbyambulance »

you should try out LibreOffice Impress and see how it works there.