Now that I can afford one, I don't know what to buy...

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kasey Chang

Re: Now that I can afford one, I don't know what to buy...

Post by Kasey Chang »

My Laptop has the original i7... i7-740QM so it'd be a huge change.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

PC has arrived, but I'm too tired to set it up (it's almost midnight).
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Setting up the new system now. It'll be a while as it needs to churn through all the updates, and I need to reinstall all the crap. I wonder if I should keep both computers running. Can I control both with one set of keyboard and mouse? Hmmm...

EDIT: Yep, Microsoft "Mouse Without Borders"... FREE! I was about to pay for Stardock's Multiplicity, but realized there had to be a freebie around somewhere... And yes, keyboard and mouse works on both, and mouse automatically wraps to the other monitor. Hahaha!
Last edited by Kasey Chang on Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Due to losing my wife Ive not kept up on this .Sorry. Im glad you got your dream system KC. Good for you.

I look back at my post and think how much I didn't know . What was going to happen in my life and to my wife. I couldn't know that. But only 4 months after I posted first in here .....sigh. I used to think in hardware and parts and all kinds of stuff. Now...blah.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

My only "complaint"... make that a minor nitpick, is that the mainboard is not the latest and greatest... one of the ASROCK Z370's instead of a Z390, but practically speaking it makes no difference to me. Hehehe. I haven't had a chance to play with the lights inside (supposedly it's RGB)