Office 2019

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Office 2019

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's been released to retail, and is available for $15 through the Home Use Program.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Office 2019

Post by Zaxxon »

Home Use Program? How 2010. If you or your company is on Office 365, it's been out for months effectively and is included on all your devices.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yeah, well, some of us still don’t want to pay a subscription fee to use an office suite at home.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

You mentioned home use. Implying your place of employment has an Office license for you. Surprising that it's not O365 at this point, speaking as someone who deals with negotiating with MS on the company agreement. It's difficult to buy biz/edu Office these days without being heavily incented to go 365.

Paying at home ain't got nothing to do with it.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Zaxxon wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:07 am You mentioned home use. Implying your place of employment has an Office license for you. Surprising that it's not O365 at this point, speaking as someone who deals with negotiating with MS on the company agreement. It's difficult to buy biz/edu Office these days without being heavily incented to go 365.

Paying at home ain't got nothing to do with it.
Isn't Home Use Program for employee's personal computer? Employee can purchase a single license of MS Office for use at home that is separate from the corporate license?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Yes under the old licensing programs. With 365, anyone with a license at work automatically gets 5 licenses at home. No additional fee. You just sign in at portal.office.com and use or download.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

We're still on Office 2013. Until the CIO retires (March 1st), cloud solutions are a Sisyphean task to get approved.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Bummer. But understood.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:51 am We're still on Office 2013. Until the CIO retires (March 1st), cloud solutions are a Sisyphean task to get approved.
Our standard is 2007. IIRC, the Home Use Program is a benefit of an enterprise licensing agreement and the number available to a given company equals the amount of seats covered by the agreement. I did this back when I worked for the hospital, about a decade ago.

I've been on O365 at home for years. I very nearly canceled it because it's not free like Google Docs, which my company uses heavily and I've been using personally, but the Skype credits that come with the subscription pretty much pays for itself.
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Zaxxon wrote:Yes under the old licensing programs. With 365, anyone with a license at work automatically gets 5 licenses at home. No additional fee. You just sign in at portal.office.com and use or download.
If your company allows it. We block all access to corporate resources from non-corporate (or non-managed) devices.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Indeed. But the license need not be blocked.