Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Any 3D Printer dabblers out here?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: EvilHomer3k, Bakhtosh

hentzau
Loading…

Re: Any 3D Printer dabblers out here?

Post by hentzau »

Finished. Man, this was a beast of a print.

Now I need to finish cleaning and then glue together the appropriate parts.
"Women are naturally secretive, and they like to do their own secreting." - Sherlock Holmes, A Scandal in Bohemia

Formix

Post by Formix »

Nice Hentzau! The Snapmaker is super appealing . . . but a bit spendy for me.

hentzau
Loading…

Post by hentzau »

My mouse button has been hovering over the "Buy" button on an AnyCubic Photon and Wash and Cure Station for about a week now. They're having an anniversary going on for the next 5 days, and I can get the pair for about $200 off.

(And right after I posted this, I checked the status of my Creality CR6-SE and it's sitting in the UPS sorting facility in the south suburbs...)
"Women are naturally secretive, and they like to do their own secreting." - Sherlock Holmes, A Scandal in Bohemia

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I was looking at Creality's LD-002R resin printer... $200. Print area is pretty small, basically a 119x65x160mm area, i.e. size of a 5.5 inch LCD screen. But it seems it'd be PLENTY for miniatures?
My game FAQs | Join Massdrop and see what sort of deals they have! | Playing: ADR1FT, Frontier Pilot Simulator

hentzau
Loading…

Post by hentzau »

Kasey Chang wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:03 pm
I was looking at Creality's LD-002R resin printer... $200. Print area is pretty small, basically a 119x65x160mm area, i.e. size of a 5.5 inch LCD screen. But it seems it'd be PLENTY for miniatures?
I have looked at the LD-002R, and the specs are similar. And I do like the extra filtration in the LD-002R.

But the bundle cost with the wash and cure station on the Anycubic Photon is what keeps me going back to it...

Blackhawk
Loading…

Post by Blackhawk »

Just in case someone's interested, Humble 3d Printable Models Bundle.

hentzau
Loading…

Post by hentzau »

Blackhawk wrote:Just in case someone's interested, Humble 3d Printable Models Bundle.
Already picked it up. I may have a 3D model problem.

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

hentzau wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:47 pm
Blackhawk wrote:Just in case someone's interested, Humble 3d Printable Models Bundle.
Dont feel bad. I think i have hundreds (if not over 1000) 3d models from various places including tons of Kickstarters that havent even been downloaded yet.
I also have a new 3D printer on the way...ish..
I backed the Snapmker 2.0 KS and got a label notice and it "looks" 1 of the 2 boxes (I ordered the printer and their enclosure so its one of those 2) to on the way. The other one was still in label created status but if i understand the KS update theu just released if a label is generated it means my stuff is in California and just a matter of them putting the label on the box and giving it to ups
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

hentzau
Loading…

Post by hentzau »

Punisher wrote:
hentzau wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:47 pm
Dont feel bad. I think i have hundreds (if not over 1000) 3d models from various places including tons of Kickstarters that havent even been downloaded yet.
I also have a new 3D printer on the way...ish..
I backed the Snapmker 2.0 KS and got a label notice and it "looks" 1 of the 2 boxes (I ordered the printer and their enclosure so its one of those 2) to on the way. The other one was still in label created status but if i understand the KS update theu just released if a label is generated it means my stuff is in California and just a matter of them putting the label on the box and giving it to ups
Yeah, I forgot to mention that I ordered an Anycubic Photon...then I unordered it and then ordered a Photon Mono. Should be here early October.

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Box 1 showed up the other day and of course, it was the enclosure and not the printer itself. The box is HUGE and I was not expecting it to be that big.
Box 2 is scheduled for delivery for today so I'm hoping it's the actual printer and not a 2nd part of the enclosure.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Woot was having a Creality sale. Make that "was".
My game FAQs | Join Massdrop and see what sort of deals they have! | Playing: ADR1FT, Frontier Pilot Simulator