PC speaker problem

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Grifman

PC speaker problem

Post by Grifman »

Ok, so I hooked some Amazon Basic PC speakers to my machine. Using the Realteck HD Audio tool, I can hear both speakers when I test them in that application. So far so good, but when I try running Youtube or a game in my PC, no sound. So what am I missing? I don't understand how Realtek can play sounds but my application/browsers cant'. Anyone? This should must be plug and play.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Isgrimnur

Re: PC speaker problem

Post by Isgrimnur »

Right-click on the speaker icon in your tray and Open Volume Mixer. If you don't see the browser, it's possible that Windows is messing things up. I've plugged a headphone cord into my laptop and still have the audio come out of the speakers.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Update, I've gptten them working now. Thanks.
Grifman

Re: PC speaker problem (now a headset problem)

Post by Grifman »

Ok, I used the speakers in the interim because my headset broke. Now I have a new headset and I can't get any sound out of them. The PC seems to recognize them but no sound. I am very confused - why isn't this just a simple plug and play? This seems to be a lot more complicated than it should be.

Also, the new headset is recognized as my old headset brand, which is also confusing. Is there a way to change that so it's not so confusing?

Any help would be appreciated.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

I've done the following:

Opened the Control Panel
Selected Sound
Found my headset (they are Logitech but for some reason Windows thinks they are my old Plantronics?!?)
Set the headset as default
I can right click and select Test and the little bar beside the headset listing moves up and down so it appears the computer recognizes them.
I have also checked the volume on the speaker icon at the bottom right and the volume is fine.

I am using the USB port on front of the PC. I also use a USB mouse. The mouse is working in either USB port but I"ve tried both ports with the headset and neither works. But since the mouse works, it can't be a problem with the USB ports.

At this point I am totally stuck. Can anyone help me on this?
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Ok, I found part of my problem, which also explains why the Plantronics was still showing up. I went back and did a system restore before my old headset broke, and then used it (it still works, just won't sit on my head any more). I could still hear through it when plugged in. I unplugged it and still heard sound, then I realized my problem. I still have the USB Plantronics device in a USB port in the back of my computer. So that was confusing things. After taking that out, and installing the Logictech USB, the PC said it was now setting up my Logictech headset. So there's progress.

Logictech is showing up in Sound under the Control panel.
It is also showing up under Sound Settings when I right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner.

Yet despite all that progress, still now sound! :( Help me Obi-Wan-Ken bi, you're my only hope!

EDIT:

Never mind, working now!!!

I'm just stupid.

Meanwhile, these is a great headset!!!
Last edited by Grifman on Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Check Devices for the Logitech and install any drivers.
Check for a mute button on the logitech headset
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I use the free Razer surround software for sound. It overrides my creative stuff for the most part. When I used a headset though I plugged into my sound card in the back. Not sure on USB.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Glad we could help!