Fundraising for 2019/2020: 12 Months Renewed - We are good until October 2020. Paypal Donation Link Here

Uninstall issue

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: EvilHomer3k, Bakhtosh

stimpy

Uninstall issue

Post by stimpy »

Last year I bought a new computer.
It came with a 240 GB SSD that had Window 10 Home on it and a 2 TB HDD that I loaded a lot of my games and such on.
The SSD crapped out on me. I got a new one and reloaded Windows on it. But now all of the items that were in the control panel under "Uninstall a program" are gone.
Is there any way to recover them?
It makes my dookie twinkle.

stessier

Re: Uninstall issue

Post by stessier »

When you say you reloaded Windows on the new drive, that means a fresh install, right? The old drive is totally inoperable? Do you have it backed up anywhere? If it is Yes, Yes, No, then I think you are stuck reinstalling all those programs on your own.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

stessier wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:16 pm
When you say you reloaded Windows on the new drive, that means a fresh install, right? The old drive is totally inoperable? Do you have it backed up anywhere? If it is Yes, Yes, No, then I think you are stuck reinstalling all those programs on your own.
It is indeed Yes, Yes, No.

Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

If your original Windows registry is toast, all of your "Add or Remove Programs" information went with it. So you'll need to use to something like Revo Uninstaller instead.
"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." -- Daniel Webster

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Anonymous Bosch wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:16 pm
If your original Windows registry is toast, all of your "Add or Remove Programs" information went with it. So you'll need to use to something like Revo Uninstaller instead.
That looks like what I may need. Thanks.