Uninstall issue

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

stimpy

Uninstall issue

Post by stimpy »

Last year I bought a new computer.
It came with a 240 GB SSD that had Window 10 Home on it and a 2 TB HDD that I loaded a lot of my games and such on.
The SSD crapped out on me. I got a new one and reloaded Windows on it. But now all of the items that were in the control panel under "Uninstall a program" are gone.
Is there any way to recover them?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stessier

Re: Uninstall issue

Post by stessier »

When you say you reloaded Windows on the new drive, that means a fresh install, right? The old drive is totally inoperable? Do you have it backed up anywhere? If it is Yes, Yes, No, then I think you are stuck reinstalling all those programs on your own.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

stessier wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:16 pm When you say you reloaded Windows on the new drive, that means a fresh install, right? The old drive is totally inoperable? Do you have it backed up anywhere? If it is Yes, Yes, No, then I think you are stuck reinstalling all those programs on your own.
It is indeed Yes, Yes, No.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

If your original Windows registry is toast, all of your "Add or Remove Programs" information went with it. So you'll need to use to something like Revo Uninstaller instead.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:16 pm If your original Windows registry is toast, all of your "Add or Remove Programs" information went with it. So you'll need to use to something like Revo Uninstaller instead.
That looks like what I may need. Thanks.
He/Him/His/Porcupine