Amazon Kindle Book Lending Thread

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Isgrimnur

Amazon Kindle Book Lending Thread

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Kindle has opened up lending of books from those publishers that allow it. I figured with as many people that have the Kindle or use the associated apps, we would have a fair number of people that might have some interesting stuff to lend.

So if you're interested, go to Your Account | Manage Your Kindle and down to the Your Orders section. As you expand each book, it will show a "Loan this book" button if available. Compile your list and let your fellow members share the wealth.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Re: Amazon Kindle Book Lending Thread

Post by Isgrimnur »

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Fantastic thread idea. Will grab my list at some point.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

The only non free books I have (that can be lent) are:

The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time #12) - Brandon Sanderson and Robert Jordan

The first five books of the Riyria Revelations -a fun little fantasy series (there will be a total of 6 books, with the 6th due in April 2011):

The Crown Conspiracy (The Riyria Revelations #1)

Avempartha (The Riyria Revelations #2)

Nyphron Rising (The Riyria Revelations #3)

The Emerald Storm (The Riyria Revelations #4)

Wintertide (The Riyria Revelations #5)

Adding Towers of Midnight (the Most recent Wheel of Time book).
Last edited by Pyperkub on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Bump so this doesn't get lost from the weekend.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Guy Incognito

Post by Guy Incognito »

I think the thread is a great idea. Right now my Kindle is mostly loaded with freebies and the two non-freebies aren't lendable.

In case you don't see what you're looking for here you can also check out: KindleLendingClub.

I used the site last night to pick up Ex-Heroes. Nice thing is that you don't have to give anyone your real email address to be loaned a book. Loan can go to any email address then you just apply it to your Amazon account. I got an email within an hour that someone loaned me the book.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

The Malazan Series
Gardens of the Moon: Book One of The Malazan Book of the Fallen

Memories of Ice (The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Book 3

I have the physical copy of Book 2. Amazon had pulled it down when I was ready to ready it, so I had to buy the actual novel
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Nice! My wife's and my accounts are together, and while there's a lot of overlap, I don't have any idea what some of her books are or if they are any good.

My Stuff -

Nathan Lowell -
Quarter Share *****
Half Share *****

Frank Tuttle -
Wistril Compleat *** (short)

Olivia Munn -
Suck it Wonder Woman! *** (Autobiography of Olivia Munn. I'm sure it's much better if you're a fan of hers.

Wife's
Sherrilyn Kenyon
No Mercy
Infinity: Chronicles of Nicke
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Austin

Post by Austin »

I am not seeing where it shows whether it is lendable or not. For instance, I have Mistborne, the final Empire and it does not show how I can lend this book. Any pointers?

Never mind, just found it... I was just opening the smaller field, not the whole book.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Mistborne, The final Empire 1st book of a decent series. Interesting magic system, and I will likely finish the series at some point.

The Gospel and Personal Evangelism A quick read about talking about Christianity with others. Some good stories and pretty straight forward advise.

The Way of Kings 1st book in a series I hope gets completed after Wheel of Time. Some small annoying details but I like it over all.

Church History: An Essential Guide
Purchased for a class that I did not wind up taking, and I have not read it yet.

Doctrine: What Christians Should Believe I like Driscoll for the most part. I have not gotten around to reading this yet. I intended to, but other books came up.

Megatrends 2010: The Rise of Conscious Capitalism
Pretty good read about how spiritual issues are being addressed in some corporate settings. RM9 might like this.

Conspiracies and the Cross
IIRC, this is deals with some of the Dan Brown -> Bart Ehrman stuff surrounding Jesus and the gnostic gospels and such. There are better books on the topic, but he's very readable.

Works of Martin Luther. Includes 95 Theses, Commentary on the Epistle to the Galatians, The Table Talk, Concerning Christian Liberty, Large and Small Catechism and more
I like Luther.

Whatever You Do, Don't Run: True Tales of a Botswana Safari Guide What does a safari guide do in his spare time? Entertaining book with a little bit about the history of Botswana, or at least their first president (One chapter iirc). That in itself is an interesting story about a high profile interracial couple facing prejudice from all sides during turbulent times.

The Holiness of God A pretty good work on God and sanctification written from a Reformed perspective.
Crux

Post by Crux »

As an aside for everyone. If you borrow a book and leave the wireless off, it seems you can continue reading it once the 2 weeks expires.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Anyone know where you can find out if a book is lendable in the Kindle for iPhone app? Either none of the books I bought are not eligible, or I am not finding that option.

EDIT: nevermind, NONE of the books I bought are eligible for lending. Boo!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Pyperkub wrote:The only non free books I have (that can be lent) are:

The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time #12) - Brandon Sanderson and Robert Jordan

The first five books of the Riyria Revelations -a fun little fantasy series (there will be a total of 6 books, with the 6th due in April 2011):

The Crown Conspiracy (The Riyria Revelations #1)

Avempartha (The Riyria Revelations #2)

Nyphron Rising (The Riyria Revelations #3)

The Emerald Storm (The Riyria Revelations #4)

Wintertide (The Riyria Revelations #5)

Adding Towers of Midnight (the Most recent Wheel of Time book).
Bump to add Towers of Midnight.

Xmann

Post by Xmann »

I'm not understanding how i get a book someone else is lending? I see how i lend, but if i want a book from someone here, how do i get it?
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

They have to do it through the Amazon interface, so you need to ask them directly.