Anyone have any Star Wars Miniatures they don't want?

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Blackhawk

Anyone have any Star Wars Miniatures they don't want?

Post by Blackhawk »

Summer is getting ready to start, and I don't have as much to work with this year as usual, so to help keep my kids busy over their break I was going to try and run a game of the Savage Worlds RPG with them set in the Star Wars universe.

I've heard that the Star Wars Miniatures line of plastic minis from Wizards of the Coast was ideal to use as RPG miniatures. Unfortunately, they're out of print. They don't seem to be going for high collectors' prices, but because they're out of print, they're no longer available in stores. Amazon and Ebay have them cheap - some less than a dollar each - but when you figure in $4+ in shipping, ouch.

I was hoping that someone had some lying around somewhere not seeing use that would be willing to part with them. I'm also interested in the maps.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Re: Anyone have any Star Wars Miniatures they don't want?

Post by Blackhawk »

I went ahead and bought a few online so I'd have them ready, so my budget is more or less gone for this project. I suppose I'll call the thread dead unless someone has a really, really good deal.
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Would you consider more expensive miniatures? There's a miniature company that makes high end traditional resin (or metal) miniatures in 32mm (heroic scale).

They have the star wars license now, amazingly, and they have really great quality minis, but at a higher cost and have to be painted.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I would have, but over the summer I ended up getting a bunch of the plastic pieces. I don't have one of everything, but I have a great variety on hand.