Would anyone be interested in WoW Burning Crusade CE?

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Daehawk

Would anyone be interested in WoW Burning Crusade CE?

Post by Daehawk »

I could use some cash for a game or two. I have the HUGE box of World of Warcraft The Burning Crusade collector's Edition...what a mouth full. Would someone be interested in it? This is a feeler to see if I could sell it. It has everything in it except the behind the scenes DVD..the box is there though hehe.

Off the top of my head I can recall

2 packs of WOW: TCG...never opened so no idea if loot cards or nice ones are in it
catalog
game
mouse pad
guest passes
big hardcover art book
assorted papers

Looking onliine it seems to be a popular item but i thought Id see what you guys thought. It is opened but im not sure the game has been used or not. never tried it. I think...'THINK' the person i bought them from said they are not used but just opened to see the stuff in them or get an item from it or whatnot...though the behind the scenes DVD is missing.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Re: Would anyone be interested in WoW Burning Crusade CE?

Post by Blackhawk »

This is just meant to be informative:

Burning Crusade is now free with WoW itself, so the game part of this doesn't have much value. The TCG bombed and went out of print (few bought it for anything but the loot cards.) The guest passes are pretty much obsolete now that the early part of the game is free for an unlimited time.

The one thing that makes the CE so valuable is the Netherwelp pet. If the code for that is intact, it might be worth something. If not, the only thing people might be interested in would be the art book, which I've seen retail for ~$25. Unfortunately, the pet code is the game code, and the only way to find out whether it is actually still viable would be to call Blizzard, and (probably) try to redeem it.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Doesn't the card game have special loot cards? Also the art book.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I mentioned the art book. The decks do have special loot cards, but that is all people buy them for, and they don't generally gamble unless you're talking cases. If you have a special loot card in there, you might be able to sell it separately for a decent amount, but only if it is rare. Hell, there are some that used to bring in ~$1,000 - but they were rare (spectral tiger mount, I'm talking to you.)

Of course, if the code for the pet is intact, you might be better off selling the whole thing intact - but you have no way of knowing. If it isn't, you might better off taking the loot card and the art book and selling them separately, but most of the more common loot cards aren't worth much at all (under $10, many under $5.) Reference here.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
ericb

Post by ericb »

I'm pretty sure the card packs in the CE editions were "special" and not the same as the store bought...and I'm not sure you could redeem it anymore at this point anyway since Upper Deck had the license taken away and a new company handles the cards now.

Anyway I'm interested in the box especially if it's opened/used. Checking the prices I could prob afford the cash to get the box just for the goodies. The only problem is there's no way to know if the code is used that I know of without putting it in. It's obviously worth quite a bit more if it's unused (difference of $25-30 opened vs $200+ for sealed new). Let me know if you want to work something out.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I originally hoped to sell it so I could buy a copy of Borderlands 2. ( $60) If I could not achieve that then I would just hang onto it as I am a collector. I can afford only one major game this year and have my hopes set on Dishonored. But I really want Borderlands 2 while its new and I am not behind the curve with all other players haha.