The games thread for freebies / requests / trades

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Daehawk

The games thread for freebies / requests / trades

Post by Daehawk »

I started this thread to separate it from all the rest of the sub forums and threads. A place where we can all come and both look for games and give away games or trade them.

Basically post here if you have a game to trade. Post if you have one to give away. And post to ask for a game you're looking for. Right now I would rather not have any selling of stuff or games in this thread. That is better kept separate and in the correct areas for easy finding.

Perhaps we could add hardware to this thread? PC parts and consoles both I'd imagine. Again just as requests, trades, or freebies. No selling of these items. Again there are good areas to do that here already.

Feel free to ...as an example....trade a pc game for a console game and vice versa.

Also lets keep this among the OO family in that only posters with more than 250(?) posts can use this thread. Is that a good number? That way noobs don't simply create a account to get free games.

Ill start us off....

GIVING: - I still have a copy of Titan Quest to give away. If you have never played it and would like to try it I recommend trying it. It's pretty fun but can get boring after a good bit.

WANT: - I'd like to find a copy of ARMA 2 and it's addon. I just want it for playing the DayZ mod. I have no spare cash but I can dig around and see what games or old hardware I have that you may want / need.

As for trading I really have no idea what I have right now. I'll have get back to you on that.

So what do you all think? Is this a usable idea for a thread? Better ideas? Things I could change to improve this idea? Jump in all.

As for my trader feedback Im beyond the best rating and have no bad trades either here or back on GT in the day.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Re: The games thread for freebies / requests / trades

Post by Blackhawk »

Isn't this just the ELOG?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
BooTx

Post by BooTx »

Blackhawk wrote:Isn't this just the ELOG?
Looks like it. I wonder if I'm still the only one who's posted in that thread in the last half decade.
naednek

Post by naednek »

i think with all the DRM it's killed trading. At least for me it has.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
BooTx

Post by BooTx »

naednek wrote:i think with all the DRM it's killed trading. At least for me it has.
Unfortunately true. The newest tradeable games I have are Arkham Asylum, Need for Speed: Shift, and Dragon Age: Origins; all of which came out over three years ago.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Steam killed the ELOG star.

I would have to really think to figure out the last time I got a game on disk. Maybe Cataclysm for WoW, but even then I've never actually touched the disk. An actual tradeable disk? Fallout 3, maybe.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Well since I've been using my thread in the PC Games forum to give away Steam keys, I'll repost my free physical games here:

Free for the taking...
Ankh (adventure game)- CD only, like new, published in the Windows XP era
UFO Aftermath (tactical strategy)- CDs (2) only, like new
Rhem (old Myst-like adventure)- CD and insert, like new, from 2003 but looks older
Adventure Collector's Edition Volume 1 - Penumbra: Overture, Scratches: Director's Cut, Rhem 2
Glory of the Roman Empire (Imperium Civitas I) - Roman city builder much like Tropico, but be warned that this game does not like Win7 (go get Grand Ages: Rome instead)
I have but one advocate.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thank you. Maybe it will stand out here.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"