Star Wars Edge of Empire Roleplaying Game Materials Giveaway

Post by Scoop20906 »

Looking to give away the following:

Star Wars Edge of Empire Roleplaying Game Materials
  • Core Rulebook (big, thick book)
  • Enter the Unknown source book
  • Beginner's Game package
  • GM Screen
Everything is in great condition as I didn't get to play the game much. I am just looking for a good home and someone who wants to use the books. I am willing to ship it priority mail on my own dime. Just make sure to have a star wars adventure, please.

Please respond in thread and I will reach out to you for the address.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Punisher

Re: Star Wars Edge of Empire Roleplaying Game Materials Give

Post by Punisher »

So how difficult is this game?
The family and I have just started to get into having some game nights and starting with some board games. Zombicide right now..
Mostly adults playing, but one 12 year old as well.
I guess this needs a GM as well? I haven't GMed a game in over 25 years, so I am woefully out of practice (and it would fall to me to do so)
We all do like Star Wars to varying degrees (My wife, son and I the most... His fiance and her 12 year old sister to a lesser degree)

So wouldn't want to grab this from someone else that would have a more definite use of it, but even if I end up buying it on my own to add to the pile of games I have been gathering over the past few months, I am still curious as to the difficulty level of GMing and playing..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote:So how difficult is this game?
The family and I have just started to get into having some game nights and starting with some board games. Zombicide right now..
Mostly adults playing, but one 12 year old as well.
I guess this needs a GM as well? I haven't GMed a game in over 25 years, so I am woefully out of practice (and it would fall to me to do so)
We all do like Star Wars to varying degrees (My wife, son and I the most... His fiance and her 12 year old sister to a lesser degree)

So wouldn't want to grab this from someone else that would have a more definite use of it, but even if I end up buying it on my own to add to the pile of games I have been gathering over the past few months, I am still curious as to the difficulty level of GMing and playing..
I have two of the items (core book and starter set) and have played a bit.

It isn't a hard game (rules medium, if that means anything), although the GM (and you do need a GM) does need to learn more rules than the players. The only part that is challenging is that the mechanics require the players to narrate the rationale for the outcomes of their actions. Well, they don't so much require it as they don't make a lot of sense if you don't. It isn't just 'I miss', it is 'I miss, but melt a chunk of the floor between his feet, getting smoke in his eyes', or 'I hit, causing him to stagger into his friend and knock him out of cover for a minute.' That can be tough for people not used to RPGs.

The game is a lot of fun, and the beginner's set (which is in the above list) does a fantastic job of teaching both the players and GM how to play.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Thanks Blackhawk and I agree. The times I got to play were a lot of fun and if everyone can participate and is used to adding their own RPG flavor it's a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Thanks for the info BlackHawk...
The mechanic does sound interesting..odd...but interesting.

Not sure if I should take this offer though if someone else wants it though. Not sure if I'd be able to use it right away... If no one else wants it though, I will take it and give it a shot... No one but me has ever played a pen and paper rpg before... my son has played online games and some had role playing guilds he was in. (Star Wars Galaxies was one of them). not sure how deep he went though.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote:Thanks for the info BlackHawk...
Short version: You have different levels of success and failure, rolled on multiple dice. You can succeed or fail straight up, but you can also succeed with a cost (like hacking the terminal, but upping the security alert for future terminals in the process), fail with benefits (the 'miss, but get smoke in their eyes' example earlier, giving the target a penalty to his next action), succeed with benefits (the example of hitting one guy and him bumping his ally out of cover, giving your teammate a better shot at him), etc.

All the dice tell you is whether you succeed or fail, and how many benefit/penalty 'points' you get (you can spend them from a list.) If all you do is use the numbers, it gets really dull, really fast. If you dress it up in pulpy action tropes, it is a lot of fun.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote:
Short version: You have different levels of success and failure, rolled on multiple dice. You can succeed or fail straight up, but you can also succeed with a cost (like hacking the terminal, but upping the security alert for future terminals in the process), fail with benefits (the 'miss, but get smoke in their eyes' example earlier, giving the target a penalty to his next action), succeed with benefits (the example of hitting one guy and him bumping his ally out of cover, giving your teammate a better shot at him), etc.

All the dice tell you is whether you succeed or fail, and how many benefit/penalty 'points' you get (you can spend them from a list.) If all you do is use the numbers, it gets really dull, really fast. If you dress it up in pulpy action tropes, it is a lot of fun.
OK. That clarifies it... It's not a true requirement, but like other RPG's it is better with more actual role playing. This is better because if my group does play it, I can ease them into the RP aspects..
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Punisher wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:

OK. That clarifies it... It's not a true requirement, but like other RPG's it is better with more actual role playing. This is better because if my group does play it, I can ease them into the RP aspects..
So you want the books? :P

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Sure! Doesn't seem like anyone else is interested, so I wont feel like I'm taking them from someone. Thanks for the offer!
I'll PM you my address.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Great game, great set of rules, great production value.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire