GameCube for giveaway, needs repair

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

MHS

GameCube for giveaway, needs repair

Post by MHS »

One Nintendo GameCube, currently not working. It has power, but can't read the disk. There's no reason it shouldn't work, it's never been abused and is only 8 months old or so. I've tried blowing it out with compressed air and cleaning the laser with alcohol... that's as far as my limited skills can take me, so we just bought a new one. If anyone with 733t repair skillz would like this one, I'll pay for shipping and you can see if you can get it to work. It is theoretically under warranty, but I never registered it and don't have the paperwork (stupid me).

Anyway, shoot me an e-mail or PM if you're interested.
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

I wants it!
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
MHS

Post by MHS »

Then you can haves it! Just shoot me an e-mail and we'll figure out the best way to get it to you. Maybe we'll have a Co GG get-together just for that purpose (and to welcome LeeAbe, who finally made it to this neck of the woods). :)
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

MHS wrote:Then you can haves it! Just shoot me an e-mail and we'll figure out the best way to get it to you. Maybe we'll have a Co GG get-together just for that purpose (and to welcome LeeAbe, who finally made it to this neck of the woods). :)
AHEM. CO-OO Get-Together. :)

Eddie Ten, I was the one that dragged the isopropyl alcohol across the reader lens and used the compressed air to try and blow any laser-inhibiting crud out of the system, but I'm far from an expert on these things. You may have just received the steal of the century or a bonafide non-working 'Cube. I hope you can figure 'er out. There's lots of goodness to be had on the Cube.

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

I've been doing a bit of research on this, and it seems that this is a very common problem in Gamecubes.
I've heard harrasing Nintendo enough warrants a free repair, as they know it is a problem and never fixed it in the production on the machines.
I'll see how varied my mileage will be.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Now *that'd* be pretty sweet. But I'm only saying that because MHS paid for the new one. :P

~Neal
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra