EB Pre-Played PC Games Sale

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Lassr

EB Pre-Played PC Games Sale

Post by Lassr »

Don't know how long this sale is on but I got 2 pre-played games Sunday at EB B&M and when they rang up they were almost 40% off the sticker price. Clerk said it was some kind of promo or something.

Got UFO Aftermath for $11 (originally 14.99) & Close Combat II for $7 ($12.99).
Kestrel

Post by Kestrel »

Thanks - I'm going to check out EB tomorrow.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

The sale should be 25% off any used PC game $14.99 and under. In Lassr's case, it sounds like they missed some price changes, so the item price was lower than marked, and then another 25% off that. They've been sending price changes through in really large numbers over the last few weeks, so I'm not surprised they missed some. I know I'm way behind on mine. :D
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaz wrote:The sale should be 25% off any used PC game $14.99 and under. In Lassr's case, it sounds like they missed some price changes, so the item price was lower than marked, and then another 25% off that. They've been sending price changes through in really large numbers over the last few weeks, so I'm not surprised they missed some. I know I'm way behind on mine. :D
Yes, that makes since. I bet Combat Mission II was $9.99 instead of the $12.99 marked. If that's the case then the 25% off for both games adds up to the total I paid.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Kestrel

Post by Kestrel »

Went to two stores and got some nice deals - thanks!

C&C: Generals Deluxe $11.25
Rallisport Challenge $3.75
Grand Prix Legends $6
Exrod

Post by Exrod »

Me too!

Got The Hulk for $3.76, long live teh bargin bin.
I shall observe the tenets of Rex Kwon Do
I shall respect Rex
I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

please to ask, when does it end?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I assume that EB Games sets the prices for their used PC games at the head office, because I have seen some really screwed up pricing, when compared to NEW, in box games in the same store.

I.E. I saw Civ 3 for $20 once, just in a bag, then on the shelf, in a brand new box, they had some hopped up version Civ 3 Gold, or GOTY, in a metal case no less, for the same price.

Same for Warcraft III...too many others to name. And I notice the sell back price is less than 1/3 of what they charge...I GUESS that's about right. I bought Age of Mythology (baggie only) for $20 used, sold it BACK to them 2 weeks later and they offered me $4. No thankie.

I will keep it in the off chance that my brain and fingers can work together with robot like speed and precision that is necessary for me to get past the training level on this game. (I TRIED to like this game, I really did!)
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

I bought Nomads for $2.99 and sold it to EB for $8. What a smokin' deal! Woohoo!
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude