Regarding the PIFF thread.

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

setaside

Regarding the PIFF thread.

Post by setaside »

I'm going to make an executive decision here and reset everything with regards to our PIFF thread. Karma = 0. I think it's just going to be easier that way.

With CG taking the initiative to restart the old PIFF thread, bringing in everyone's old lists and karma ratings, I can only imagine that it would be way too convoluted to try to operate off of both lists at the same time.

I know also that a large portion of our traders look to be staying at CG, which is fine, but yet another reason to start over.

I'll throw some new freebies up either tonight or tomorrow to try to kickstart things.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Sounds good to me; I'm all for simplicity.

Especially since my Karma was at 0. ;)
warning

Re: Regarding the PIFF thread.

Post by warning »

setaside wrote:I'm going to make an executive decision here and reset everything with regards to our PIFF thread. Karma = 0. I think it's just going to be easier that way.

With CG taking the initiative to restart the old PIFF thread, bringing in everyone's old lists and karma ratings, I can only imagine that it would be way too convoluted to try to operate off of both lists at the same time.

I know also that a large portion of our traders look to be staying at CG, which is fine, but yet another reason to start over.

I'll throw some new freebies up either tonight or tomorrow to try to kickstart things.
Long story short but I misunderstood setaside's intentions and started a PIFF thread over at CG. In actuality, we've reset everything to zero as well. My preference would actually be to consolidate over here rather than have two separate forums with two separate karma ratings and lists. And I suspect there would be enough cross-pollinization that it would make things rather confusing. I'm more than willing to close PIFF down at CG, direct everyone over here and settle in with the PIFFy goodness that setaside has brewed.

Thoughts?
setaside

Post by setaside »

Hey, if everyone would rather move to 1 site for PIFF, I'm okay with that. I do still want to zero out the lists and start over as it were. :)

One thing to think about however is false registrations and such. Who's to say you can trust the identity of the person throwing up free games?

Any thoughts on this?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

setaside wrote:Hey, if everyone would rather move to 1 site for PIFF, I'm okay with that. I do still want to zero out the lists and start over as it were. :)

One thing to think about however is false registrations and such. Who's to say you can trust the identity of the person throwing up free games?

Any thoughts on this?
Could possibly verify via Blackhawk's main trader feedback verification; if the email address on the current account matches the one on the same account from GG, personA is actually personA.
warning

Post by warning »

I posted this over at ConsoleGold:
After GoneGold self-destructed I assumed we would all be relocating here at CG. I assumed that we would be starting a PIFF thread here along with all the other trading threads. When setaside (who thought of the PIFF idea) chimed in as part of the original discussion here I assumed it was okay for us to start our own thread and that he wasn't going to be starting one. Hence the PIFF thread here at CG.

I did not realize that he and many of the former GG mods were setting up their own forums: Brutesquad Forums. And I certainly didn't realize that he intended to set up a PIFF thread over there. And that's my dilemma.

PIFF is setaside's baby. The Gone Gold community is spread pretty thin right now between 4-5 different forums but most either seem to be here or over at Brutesquad. I think it would be clumsy at best, and quite possibly problematic to have two PIFF forums spread amongst the former GG community. Since there would inevitably be cross-pollinization between the two, it would be a nightmare to coordinate games offered, karma and feedback.

I would like to propose that we halt our PIFF thread here at CG and direct our PIFFage over to Brutesquad's PIFF thread. This will allow us to keep accurate lists of games offered and karma, without which this whole idea will fall apart.

I'm open to discussion about this and my word is certainly not final. But I will likely be stepping down if we continue a PIFF here at CG.

Thanks and I look forward to your input.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Eeesh. I sure hope that nobody over thinks that I issued a cease and desist or anything. :)
warning

Post by warning »

setaside wrote:Eeesh. I sure hope that nobody over thinks that I issued a cease and desist or anything. :)
I made that explicitly clear in a follow-up post over there.

Now call off your lawyers alright????? :D
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Zaxxon wrote:
setaside wrote:Hey, if everyone would rather move to 1 site for PIFF, I'm okay with that. I do still want to zero out the lists and start over as it were. :)

Any thoughts on this?
Could possibly verify via Blackhawk's main trader feedback verification; if the email address on the current account matches the one on the same account from GG, personA is actually personA.
I don't have the email of every person on the trade or PIFF lists. I mentioned on CG that I could confirm their traders, but they only had four or five.
freelunch

Post by freelunch »

every time I looked in on the PIFF thread at GG it seemed very focussed on PC Games.

are/were we doing console games also?
Books I finished in: 2022 | 2021 | 2020

Scrobbling at last.fm
wankerjr

Post by wankerjr »

Andrew wrote:every time I looked in on the PIFF thread at GG it seemed very focussed on PC Games.

are/were we doing console games also?
Why not? PIFF is just that a giving type thing.
Yet another shameless plug..for something
setaside

Post by setaside »

I personally don' t have a problem with with anything really. Though perhaps we should start separate threads for things like movies or books but I think games could be lumped in all together.
Unbreakable

Post by Unbreakable »

I put in a few PS1 games on my PIFF list at GG (now at CG).

Since the PIFF thread here isnt coming around, Im going to leave up my list there. I think there are a few things for me to trade which I havent put on the list, but I'll hold back on them in case this PIFF thread gets moving.
crumsteel

Post by crumsteel »

So what is the current status of PIFF threads? When do we start? Do we know if there is going to be multiple ones, movies, pc, console, books, ect.