TODAY ONLY! (10/16) 2 for 1 Hasbro Board Games

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Eduardo X

TODAY ONLY! (10/16) 2 for 1 Hasbro Board Games

Post by Eduardo X »

At amazon.com or Toys R Us stores
It is late in the posting, but I just bought Acquire and HeroScape at Toys R Us for $42.00. Both of those games are $40 a piece, so this is a great way to save $40 on some great board games!
The trouble is it is ending tonight, so get on it!
Heroscape, btw, KICKS SERIOUS ASS. It takes a while to set up the boards, but once you do, there are countless scenarios to make up and two per game-designated-map scenarios.
I invented a football/capture the flag variant that is nothing but fun, and always comes down to the last few guys on the board. It is really fun!
freelunch

Post by freelunch »

Heroscape isn't yet available in Australia :(

if you can share a few more details (either here or in this thread in EBG) I'd like to know more about it.
Books I finished in: 2022 | 2021 | 2020

Scrobbling at last.fm
disarm

Post by disarm »

i picked up a couple games in-store at TRU last sunday...got the both the regular and LotR version of Trivial Pursuit for $30. pretty sweet deal 8)
Bob

Post by Bob »

Umm.. so it was only yesterday then eh? Pish.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Stupid me not reading the value forums. :x I have been meaning to buy Aquire for years, but there is no way I am paying $40 for a license on a game that is older than I am this 100 generic cheap plastic pieces. There is no reason that game should cost more than $20.
freelunch

Post by freelunch »

Acquire costs AU$100-$110 (US$73-$80) in Australia :(
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Sad, isn't it? I thing MSRP is $55 in the US. I simply can't see the justification. That game cost $8 in the 70s when I was growing up and it was on old game that had already paid for itself then. This is just a an inexcusable gouge from Hasbro/Atari/WoTC or whomever owns it now. Between them MB and Steve Jackson, it's almost enough to make you want to quit gaming.

Thank goodness for Rio Grande, Mayfair, and the like. At least when they price a game at $40 or more, it is because it is new, so in essence, the designer gets paid and it has quality components inside.

There is nothing quite like paying $35 for a die and two decks of cards and then finding out how bad a game sucks, Or selling a 30 year old in it's seapare components at $35, $30, $30 for 9 placemats, a die, and 4 decks of cards and a spinner, when said game could be sold as a complete set for $40 and still sell at a tidy profit. (I looking at you SJ).