WOW Reg. Edition $29.82 at Walmart.com

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

monkyskunk

WOW Reg. Edition $29.82 at Walmart.com

Post by monkyskunk »

WOW
Have to pay tax and $2.98 for shipping, but still a nice deal if it goes through.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I was just about to post this. I'm a bit concerned, though, since Walmart also is selling the game for $50. Some have speculated that this might actually be for the strategy guide (though the descriptions says: "This game is coming soon. Preorder it today to reserve your copy, and check back soon for game features and details " (emphasis mine). And they also have the release date as different for the two games. Might be worth it to try it out, though. Worse comes to worse and you just have to return it.
[/b]
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

They've done this before. I can't remember the game, Doom3 or something a while back (while back for the pre-order anyway). Anyway, it was an error and they didn't honor the price. Same thing, pre-order price same as strat guide. Worth a shot but don't count on it.
monkyskunk

Post by monkyskunk »

Didn't they have a pricing error on the WOW Collector's Edition awhile back as well? I wonder if those orders are still open or did they get cancelled yet.
EngineNo9

Post by EngineNo9 »

I can't imagine a strat guide that sells for $30. Most all of them go for $15-20 if I'm not mistaken. That fact aside, Walmart is the Devil!
Sponge

Post by Sponge »

LawBeefaroni wrote:They've done this before. I can't remember the game, Doom3 or something a while back (while back for the pre-order anyway). Anyway, it was an error and they didn't honor the price. Same thing, pre-order price same as strat guide. Worth a shot but don't count on it.
Yup, it was Unreal II pre-order. I still have my order confirmation and cancellation emails. :(

If they keep it up, we can file a class action suit and claim they're trying to collect consumer data for resale or spamming something... :wink:
Gedd
Technical Admin

Post by Gedd »

I think the current thinking that I picked up from one of the other boards (may have been CG) is that it's for the game card.
monkyskunk

Post by monkyskunk »

That's a possible explanation for the low price, but I looked around their site and I don't see Wal-Mart selling pre-paid game cards for any other online games. And besides I don't think Blizzard has even announced yet what the montly fee is going to be for this game, so I think it would be kind of premature for Wal-Mart to be offering prepaid game cards for preorder. I want to ge thet Collectors Edition myself so I held off on taking a chance and ordering at this price, but it is tempting.

edit- My Bad: I see that the WOW prepaid card is available for 29.99 at Amazon.com, so what Wal-Mart is offering here must be for the card as well, but they have erred in listing it as the game itself.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Price has been changed.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog