Planescape Torment & SoulBringer

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Sherrick

Planescape Torment & SoulBringer

Post by Sherrick »

Hey y'all! I am accustomed to seeing one of these 2 games being brought up in a "Where Can I Buy...." discussion periodically, and I found a combo pack of both games, so I thought I'd mention it.

Full Versions of both games in 1 box for $8.95, plus shipping (which is generally very reasonable from these folks.)

Here's the link: http://www.msbcd.com/Catalog_Type.asp?P ... 60&ai=1684

If anyone isn't familiar with msbcd.com, I can tell you that I have been dealing with them for probably...ummm....10 years or so? A long, long time, regardless. They also operate under the "Nothing But Software" web brand, as well as "Most Significant Bits". Their hardware and software is new, but generally older versions, overstock items, etc.

Hope this helps somebody in need to get their hands on a couple of classics.

Sherrick
"Old Age and Treachery,
Always Overcomes Youth and Skill."
bluefugue

Post by bluefugue »

I've seen this twofer in Best Buys and such for a couple years now. I don't even know anything about Soulbringer, but it's gravy if you get PS Torment for $9.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Yup. This deal has been out a while ago but it is good to see that it is still available for people that didn't take advantage of it the first time around.

As for Soulbringer, it's a bit frustrating on many counts but still fun when you come right down to it.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Hamsterball_Z

Post by Hamsterball_Z »

$4.99 if you can find a Fry's near you. Same for Fallout 1 & 2 pack.
(HBZ)
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Soulbringer is a good game once you get used to the camera system. Unfortunately, I ran into a bug in the game and wasn't able to complete it. I was probably more than half finished. I was really disappointed because it had taken me some time to get to where I was at in the game.

Apparently, if memory serves me right, you get to a point where you get a key to enter a mansion which is protected by a number of guards. You have an opportunity to sneak into the mansion without engaging the guards. Well, I go and take out all of the guards first and then try to enter the mansion and I wasn't able to do it. You need to go into the mansion WITHOUT tackling the guards. So, after having spent some amount of time on the game I gave it up. Every now and then it crosses my mind that I should crank it up again.
Captain Caveman

Re: Planescape Torment & SoulBringer

Post by Captain Caveman »

Sherrick wrote: Full Versions of both games in 1 box for $8.95, plus shipping (which is generally very reasonable from these folks.)

Here's the link: http://www.msbcd.com/Catalog_Type.asp?P ... 60&ai=1684
It's now priced at $17.95.

And, for the record, I thought Soulbringer was tremendously underrated :)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've seen these dual-jewels at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Best Buy, and about a hundred other places. Lesse, I have the Fallout 1/2, the PT/Soulbringer, Mig Alley/Comanche-Havoc, Descent 3/Expansion, Descent Freespace/Expansion, and a couple of others.

They practically all sell for $9.99, although they may become a bit tougher to find in the near future.

Last time I was at Wal-Mart (forgive me, it is the only store in town - literally), they also had a bunch of others for $10 (this is from memory - don't quote me)

Delta Force: Land Warrior/Commanche 4
Mysterious Journey/somthing,
Enter the Matrix,
Jedi Knight II,
Stronghold/Tropico,
Black & White/Creature Isle,
Max Payne,
Rollercoaster Tycoon/Expansions,
American McGee's Alice/Undying
Unreal II

Anyway, the Bargain Bin is the best place for telling people about great finds and deals, so I will be moving this thread there.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)